Parking Question

GAMOM4

I should know this since I have cruised before - but I can't remember...we are going on a 4 night cruise - will we have to pay for 4 nights parking or do they charge for 5 nights? We will be leaving on Thursday and returning on Monday.

I should know this since I have cruised before - but I can't remember...we are going on a 4 night cruise - will we have to pay for 4 nights parking or do they charge for 5 nights? We will be leaving on Thursday and returning on Monday.

You pay for 4 nights. But I am sure they will take a "gratuity for the 5th night" if you care to provide..... why not, when everyone seems to be so at ease for crew members getting extra tips !

gosh for just a 4 night sailing I don't think that staying at a hotel will really save that much $$$ (and may cost more than parking alone) plus the waiting for the transfer to and from the ship. Might be just as cost effective to park at the ship for 4 nights at $15.00 per day.

PARKING:

Cruise parking is $14 per day per space - No reservations are needed.

Parking for Cruise Terminal 2 & 3 is located at the Tampa Port Authority Channelside garage directly across the street at 810 Channelside Dr.

Parking for Cruise Terminal 6 is directly at the terminal.

Valet parking is available at terminals 2 & 3 for an additional charge. (Rates are posted at terminals)

Special parking needs can be assisted by calling the Tampa Port Authority Cruise Parking Operations at (813) 905-5072

Well that's a pain. Here I was expecting to pay $12 a day. I wonder if I print out the page from the Carnival Website that they'll give me that price. Unlikely I'm sure.

Since Carnival does not control the parking, the Port Authority does, I think you can save yourself the paper and ink.

Doc

Hi GA Mom!

Are you planning to stay in a hotel in Tampa the night before? If so, consider the Hampton Inn in Ybor City (Tampa). The rate is decent and you have "free" parking for your car for the length of your cruise.

If you get to the Inn early, you have the afternoon to wander around Ybor City. It has many different ethnic restaurants! Pick and choose your meals! Also, buy the all day pass for the trolley and go from one end of Ybor City to the other. You can take the trolley and walk to the cruise terminal if you want to see where it is. Next door is the Florida Aquarium and there is a World War II, Victory class freighter ship moored there as a museum. You will enjoy Ybor City if you get there early!

Lee

Some parking areas in San Diego offer AAA and military discounts. if you know the name you could google their website for coupon offerings. I would think other cities would offer the same.

Archived