Who is going where this coming season?

einsteinsmom

So, I have posted in the roll calls for other cruise lines, but not getting much response. Just curious to who is going where and with which company this season. It can sometimes be fun to 'meet' people ahead of time!

I am going with Quark, on the Ocean Nova in Dec.

kristy

Yup ..everywhere or perhaps .. anywhere..all weather dependent.

South Georgia , Falklands, will be ok even if it has been a deep winter.

Mainland access is less important for this first cruise of the season as we will see lots of wildlife before we cross the Drake Lake.

• 1 month later...

Dec 9 to 23 2009

We are booked on the ms Fram to Antarctica. Spending 3 days in Buenos Aires before the 10 days on the ship then another day in Buenos Aires on the way back.

Yes landings depending on weather conditions:)

We did a cruise last year on NCL it started in Buenos Aires then to the Falklands, around the Horn then through the chilean fjords ending up in Valpariso where we met our adventure guides for two long days of tours of the Santiago Area and up into the high Andes.

While in Ushuaia we saw the adventure ships and decided that was for us, so now we are waiting for December 9th to arrive.

See our Slide Shows at http://www.barryrich.net

Barry, enjoyed you slideshow of Gentoo colony at Sparrow cove as I saw those in jan 1957. then the SS Great Britain was still grounded in Sparrow cove (now restored in Bristol docks where it was built). Does not look to be any more birds there now than I saw then, I still have the few BW pics I took but never got one of the SS GB as I ran out of film (expensive in those days when National service pay was only the equivalent of 35c US per day!. You will have a great time on Fram & see a lot more penguins than Falklands. Another Fram message I posted tells you how to find my Nordkapp dec06 Antarctic trip review & how to find my photos on webshots if you are interested. Have a great trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived