New Year's Week Jumped Ship to Princess saving $3,000

Due to high school and college schedules, our family is only able to cruise during New Year's week this year. In comparing Royal Caribbean's Freedom class ships (and we have been on all of them), to Princess' Crown Princess (out of Fort Lauderdale), I have found there to be a total difference of upwards of THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for all of us for that week!!! We are doing an outside balcony for us and an inside across the hall for them. I just can't justify spending that much more money for Royal.

Due to high school and college schedules, our family is only able to cruise during New Year's week this year. In comparing Royal Caribbean's Freedom class ships (and we have been on all of them), to Princess' Crown Princess (out of Fort Lauderdale), I have found there to be a total difference of upwards of THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for all of us for that week!!! We are doing an outside balcony for us and an inside across the hall for them. I just can't justify spending that much more money for Royal.

The Crown Princess is my favorite ship. You will have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy!

You've made a smart decision!

Although my favorite line is Royal Caribbean, the Crown Princess is probably one of my all time favorite ships! The best meal I've ever had on a cruise was in the Crown Grill. Don't miss it!

I think you'll enjoy Princess. We've done at least six long cruises on Princess and had a great time!:)

We jumped ship this New Years as well. We wanted Freedom o/t Seas but decided on the new Carnival Dream after comparing the price difference between the two. With 4 balcony cabins our family will save a total of $6000 and change combined. We have sailed Freedom twice but even if we had not, the cost difference is too great and would still be the deciding factor -- but hey, more power to them if they can fill ships at those prices. I'm sure we will still have a good time; the sad thing is, I'm fairly sure RCCL will drop the prices but only after we've made final payment for the Dream and it's too late to switch.:rolleyes:

This is a no brainer. I was on the Crown last year(15 day TA) & it is a very pretty ship. I hate to say this because food is subjective but we love beef & found the beef dinners on the Crown were excellent. I cannot say that on the NOS that we just sailed this past April. Smart move & enjoy the cruise 3,000 buys a lot.

Archived