Full-foot Snorkeling fins- Do I need socks?

TeresaJenkins

I don't wear socks with full footed fins. As far as I know - they don't rub. As a diver, I use the set of boots and open heel fins, but I used to have full foot fins when I was younger. If you got the right size, they should be very comfortable.

You probably won't know until you use them. I also use an open heel fin for diving and snorkeling, but mine are so comfortable that I don't have to wear boots with them. Like many things, snorkel (and dive) equipment comfort/fit varies from person to person.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise. T-minus 2 weeks, huh?? (we leave tomorrow for ours)

Here in Cozumel, that's the only type of fins that we purchase for all of our snorkeling and diving excursions. They fit comfortably, come in a variety of sizes and you don't need any additional gear, like booties and socks. As a dive instructor, that's why I use em (the less stuff I have to carry the better!!)

Hope that answers your question, if you have any more, just shoot me an e-mail. I'll be happy to help.

I just bought a nice set of Snorkeling gear, but have a question about the fins.

Do they rub, and if so will socks help? What kind of socks?

i find my full fins comfortable without anything ... no problem with rubbing

Archived