paying off shipboard account...

Tess2mommies

Hi everyone, I hope you guys can answer this question soon because I want to go out and get them tomorrow morning.

We are going on the golden princess and was wondering if we could pay by travelers cheques at the end of our cruise, or even put a $800 deposit down on our shipboard account at the beginning of the cruise with travelers cheques?

My SO and I planned on getting dual signature checks, will this be a problem.

If paying with the travelers cheques, do we do that the second we get on the ship, where there be a long line? We really don't want to carry that much cash around in some new place, but we don't want to to carry the whole balance on our credit cards either. Excursions are costing us about $600 a person alone, not including other stuff :eek:

What do I do? :confused:

First, you should relax. It's a vacation. No need to sweat the details. Second, there will be a safe in your room to store excess cash and traveler's checks. And finally, at any point in your voyage, the purser's desk will be more than happy to take as much cash and traveler's checks (even double signed) as you want to give them. They'll apply it directly to your account. If your charges exceed the amount you've given the purser, they will simply put the remainder on your credit card. By the way, don't forget that gratuities also go on your account at $10/day per passenger. Relax and enjoy your vacation. These minor details always seem to have a way of working themselves out.

Just to add to the advice above - the code for the safe is not pre-determined, you set it and only you know it, so feel secure in using the safe.

If your credit card limit will allow all the charges, it is easiest to place them on a credit card and make a payment as soon as you return home if you don't want to carry the balance. Using a credit card payment for your ship expenses, you can agree upfront to pay by credit card and not have to go down to the purser's desk near the end of the cruise to settle up. It is automatic; a statement will be left at your cabin the last night, and if everything is correct you do nothing.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise. 2 days and counting, you must be very excited!!

Just to add to the advice above - the code for the safe is not pre-determined, you set it and only you know it, so feel secure in using the safe.

If your credit card limit will allow all the charges, it is easiest to place them on a credit card and make a payment as soon as you return home if you don't want to carry the balance. Using a credit card payment for your ship expenses, you can agree upfront to pay by credit card and not have to go down to the purser's desk near the end of the cruise to settle up. It is automatic; a statement will be left at your cabin the last night, and if everything is correct you do nothing.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful cruise. 2 days and counting, you must be very excited!!

Thanks everyone

<< If paying with the travelers cheques, do we do that the second we get on the ship, where there be a long line? >>

The best time to avoid long lines at the pursers desk is a couple of days into the cruise. The first and last day are always the most crowded. I agree with the others though, a credit card is the way to go!

Archived