Live from the Freedom

thephillykid

Hi Everyone,

I'm laying on a deck chair on deck 9 waiting out the remaining few hours in San Juan and we leave at midnight for St. Thomas. So far the cruise has blown away my wildest expectations since the NCL Pearl last January. The crew has been great so far, the food has been excellent, and we are looking forward to 5 more woderful nights. Any questions, just ask and for the next 2 hours I will be around to take them all.

Howard

Any chance you could get a copy/photo of the dinner menus. I've been trying to find someone who has the 8 day menus and it seems to be quite the mystery.

I will be on the Freedom in 12 days and am trying to figure out which night I want to do the supper club. Right now I'm thinking Tuesday night since it will be a sea day. Any idea what is going on tomorrow evening for entertainment?

Hi Everyone,

I'm laying on a deck chair on deck 9 waiting out the remaining few hours in San Juan and we leave at midnight for St. Thomas. So far the cruise has blown away my wildest expectations since the NCL Pearl last January. The crew has been great so far, the food has been excellent, and we are looking forward to 5 more woderful nights. Any questions, just ask and for the next 2 hours I will be around to take them all.

Howard

Trying to get feedback on the Bio-luminescent Bay tour. If you hear anyone talking about it could you let us know what they thought?

Hi there! We will be on the Freedom next month...so neat that you are there writing right now! If you think of it, would you let me know what, if any beaches are close enough to walk to from where the ship docks at different ports? Also, is there a gym on the freedom to work off all that delicious food?? Is it free, or is there a charge?? Thanks and have fun!!:)

I can answer the gym stuff. Yes, the gym is free, the spa stuff costs. You need closed-toe shoes. Get to the gym via the spa - just walk into the spa area, and off to the side for locker rooms. Nice sauna & steam rooms (free) on both sides - single sex.

Maybe 10-12 treadmills, some ellipticals, bikes, free-weights, rowing machines. I only used the treadmills, and walked outside on the jogging track. (9 laps = 1 mile) They said the gym is least crowded during meals.

Kathy

FALCONFAN......My family did that tour from the Miracle. It was truly amazing. Check the moon schedule before you book it. During a full moon it is very hard to see the bio-luminescence. It is very dark thru the mangroves. They attach a light stick to the back of the kayaks so you can follow the one ahead. That DID NOT help me and my son at all!!!!! We actually turned 1 mile of kayaking thru the mangroves into 2 miles. We kept going side to side. It was pretty funny. We eventually made it out to the bay. It was well worth it. The kayaking itself is pretty easy even if you have never done it before. They are all 2 person kayaks. But do remember the rear steers. So if somebody has experience let them in the back!!!

Deb

Trying to get feedback on the Bio-luminescent Bay tour. If you hear anyone talking about it could you let us know what they thought?

I haven't been there, but my Son has. He says it is a wonderful experience. But it needs to be really dark....not too much moonlight to really see all these little creatures. They are supposed to be fantastic. :D

Luv's Crusin'

I can answer the gym stuff. Yes, the gym is free, the spa stuff costs. You need closed-toe shoes. Get to the gym via the spa - just walk into the spa area, and off to the side for locker rooms. Nice sauna & steam rooms (free) on both sides - single sex.

Maybe 10-12 treadmills, some ellipticals, bikes, free-weights, rowing machines. I only used the treadmills, and walked outside on the jogging track. (9 laps = 1 mile) They said the gym is least crowded during meals.

Kathy

Thanks! Sounds great!

Archived