Happy KS- Give Bare Escentuals a Try!

HappyStamper

(I thought it best to start a new thread rather than mixing it in with the Channel eyeliner thread.)

I have tried many brands of liquid foundation over the years, both drugstore and department store brands, and had never found the perfect match. I also felt like my face "melted" on hot humid summer days and was worried about having the same problem on our Caribbean cruise. I wanted to cover my imperfections without looking "made up" or overdone on the cruise.

I had been watching the BE presentations on QVC for years but finally bit the bullet and ordered a little over a month ago. I ordered the try me face kit which included foundation, Warmth bronzer, Mineral Veil finishing powder, and an application brush for around $25. I admit that it took a couple of tries to apply it properly (less is more!) and I've discovered that I prefer the kabuki brush (purchased from ebay for $10) for applying the foundation even though the brush in the kit works great for the warmth and the mineral veil. I then ordered the Getting Gorgeous kit which included mascara, eyeliner, three multipurpose taupe, rose, and brown eye or face colors, double ended shadow/liner brush, and lipstick. I think this kit was around $45. I also ordered the Bisque and brush to completely cover some dark spots that showed through the foundation alone. I now have the products for a complete face for much less than I ever spent on Estee Lauder!

I find that the colors blend beautifully, the foundation doesn't look like a mask, and the colors stay put even in the heat and humidity.

So...I highly recommend ordering the try me face kit. You can experiment with it in your own home and if you find that it really doesn't work for you QVC will give you a refund. Once you have determined which products work for you you can find even better prices on ebay. Just remember to watch the shipping charges and that you can't return ebay purchases!

I totally agree with Happy Stamper. I also ordered the 'try me' kit from QVC and I was amazed at how great my skin looked. Even my husband commented on how great my skin was looking. And believe me it takes a lot for him to notice something like that! I live in South Texas and I've always been a sun lover. I've never really taken care of my skin, so as a result I have sun spots on my face. The bisque really covers them and it makes me feel more confident.

Give it a try!

Steph

I ordered the "try me" kit too and rec'd it right before Thanksgiving. I'd heard good things about it but wasn't willing to put out the $ for the full size stuff so the "try me" kit was perfect. I wasn't impressed at first (I think I was using too much) but once I got the hang of it, I was hooked. My husband also commented on how nice it looked PLUS my skin doesn't breakout as much as it use to - that's a great PLUS! They recommended using the foundation first, the warmth second and finishing with the mineral veil but I was having trouble getting the color right - the mineral veil would lighten the warmth so I put the foundation first, mineral veil second and finish with the warmth - Perfect! I'm going to try the bisque next for those under eye circles! :)

Just a tip for you new BE users. If it is humid out try putting on the Mineral Veil first, then the Foundation and finish off with Mineral Veil. Really helps on those humid days, especially if you're traveling in the Caribbean! HTH

Lisa :)

Just a tip for you new BE users. If it is humid out try putting on the Mineral Veil first, then the Foundation and finish off with Mineral Veil. Really helps on those humid days, especially if you're traveling in the Caribbean! HTH

Lisa :)

Thanks for the tip - It hasn't been warm enough here in NJ yet but I'll remember that come summer!

I've been intrigued by these Bare Essentials "testimonials" and looked up the product on the internet. Unfortunately, even the lightest shade looked too dark for my skin so I never bought it.

Today I was in Bergdorf's (sister store to Neiman's) with my friend and she said she wanted to show me the new foundation she just bought. It's called La Bella Donna. It's very simiiar to BE in that's it's a mineral "powder" (but it's not a powder because powder means it has talc, and this has no talc) that you put on with a brush and it makes your skin look really nice. I loved the way it looked and bought it.

The two biggest differences between BE and Bella Donna are that Bella Donna has a lot more shades to choose from - about 12 as opposed to Bare Essentials 4. Also BD does not have mica and BE does, which gives a silvery sheen to you skin.

If you're happy with BE, I'm not suggesting that you switch, but if you wanted to try BE and couldn't find a good color match or you didn't like the silvery finish, then give Bella Donna a try.

Jane

http://www.labelladonna.com

Archived