Freeport terminal - ? about availability of taxis upon disembarkation

Hi fellow CC'S!

I was wondering if anyone knew of availability of taxis when disembarking in Copenhagen. Specifically if anyone noticed any larger/minivan type vehicles that could accomodate my family of 5.

We arrive in port the evening prior to disembarkation (Emerald Princess) so I am assuming that we can leave the ship pretty early. We are catching a 12:20pm flight back to the States and I think if anything, we may need 2 taxis.

Anyone care to share their experiences?:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Hi fellow CC'S!

I was wondering if anyone knew of availability of taxis when disembarking in Copenhagen. Specifically if anyone noticed any larger/minivan type vehicles that could accomodate my family of 5.

We arrive in port the evening prior to disembarkation (Emerald Princess) so I am assuming that we can leave the ship pretty early. We are catching a 12:20pm flight back to the States and I think if anything, we may need 2 taxis.

Anyone care to share their experiences?:rolleyes:

Thanks!

2008-EURODAM-4025-Kbh-Frhvn-CT.jpg

I see a long queue of passengers and no van in this line...

We pre-booked our car with

http://www.codantaxi.dk

According to their website they provide cars for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 passengers.

I can tell you after July 12, 2009 how liable they are.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We just got off the Eurodam in Copenhagen. We originally planned to do a taxi but someone told us of a bad experience so we ended up switching to the ship's shuttle at the last minute.

However, this is what we observed - when we disembarked at 8:30am on a Monday - there was a line of taxis at the dock but there was also a long line of passengers. Since we had a lot of luggage (3 large suitcases plus carry-ons), we noted there was a limited number of taxis that would have fit our luggage (most are small sedans). I didn't note any vans. You would probably need to get 2 taxis.

I inquired of three different people at the front desk and was told every time that there would be a wait for a taxi. They estimated about 30 minutes or so. One front desk person said, in spite of the wait, they never had complaints about getting a taxi in Copenhagen.

The traffic at this time in the morning was horrid and it ended up taking us 1 hour to get to the airport via shuttle. Our flight was at 12:20 pm. We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Friends who left the ship at 7:30 am via shuttle reported there was no a traffic problem at that time in the morning.

If you need a van, I would pre-arrange it or count on taking two taxis. If you leave the ship early enough, say 7:30 or 8:00am, you should have plenty of time to get to the airport.

June 15 - there was a line of taxis when disembarkation started. We were near the end and there were no taxis (as one came it filled and left) and a long line of passengers.

Yes - this is what we had heard also and the reason we switched to the ship's shuttle. It cost 3 times as much but it was worth the $$$ not to be standing there panicking about getting a taxi. Did you eventually get a taxi? How long did it take?

HeinBloed!

You are everywhere! I want to travel with you! (You were so kind to give me great info on Schwerin for a day and I think you helped me in Rome...danke!)

I had contacted codataxi a few months ago, and they asked me to reserve a month out. I contacted them yesterday and now they are saying I will need 2 taxis for the 5 of us...at 300Dkk per taxi. I am thinking that standing in line, I can get 2 taxis to the airport for less than that per taxi...call me frugal or call me something!:eek:

Thanks everyone for this useful info... I really appreciate it. I think I will end up leaving the ship a bit earlier than I had wanted to, catch 2 taxis to the airport. Should be interesting!

I LEAVE NEXT WEEK!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

We got off the Emerald Princess a couple of weeks ago. We were in one of the last groups and I would guess we waited maybe 15 minutes. Probably no longer than it would have taken to load a shuttle bus, not to mention the amount of time to unload it.

There were two lines for cabs, one for small groups and one for larger groups. The line for the larger groups actually moved much faster.

At least when we left, there were plenty of cabs, the wait was because they were only loading two at a time. It was very organized and certainly eliminated any free for all.

Check here the situation for your individual day in port:

http://www.cmport.com/en-GB/Ships%20in%20Port/Calls/Cruise%20Ships.aspx

c2xx are the berthes around Freeport.

If there are several ships in port and especially those with embarking and debarking passengers (like MSC, COSTA, PRINCESS, HAL, RCI...) it will be a fight.

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed!

You are everywhere! I want to travel with you! (You were so kind to give me great info on Schwerin for a day and I think you helped me in Rome...danke!)

I had contacted codataxi a few months ago, and they asked me to reserve a month out. I contacted them yesterday and now they are saying I will need 2 taxis for the 5 of us...at 300Dkk per taxi. I am thinking that standing in line, I can get 2 taxis to the airport for less than that per taxi...call me frugal or call me something!:eek:

Thanks everyone for this useful info... I really appreciate it. I think I will end up leaving the ship a bit earlier than I had wanted to, catch 2 taxis to the airport. Should be interesting!

I LEAVE NEXT WEEK!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

You may also try:

http://taxa.dk/

They offer vehicles upto 20 persons.

Have a nice trip.

Regards,

HeinBloed

It appears that we arrive the evening of July 14. The other ship arriving that day (Grand Princess) arrives at 9am, so I would think they also depart that same day. On July 15th, the ships arriving are the Christopher Columbus and Black Prince (I think Fred Olsen..smaller ship) at 8am, and the Island Sky (again smaller ship) at 5am. We hope to be off the ship by 8am.

Those ships do not sound familiar as big cruise ships so I think I may be ok. Given the response above that there are 2 lines, one for larger groups, I think it may not be a problem.

Keeping my fingers crossed!:rolleyes:

Just returned from the Emerald Princess - disembarkation started at 5:30. We had a noon flight and got off at 8. There were 2 lines for taxis - one for 2 pax and one for more than 2 pax. If you're not elite, you'll be given a number and sat in a "holding area" until your turn to get in the taxi line. We were elite so we went straight from the ship to the taxi line. In retrospect, I'd book the Princess bus shuttle - less expensive than a taxi and no long lines.

WeBeGone,

When you say it was more expensive than the Princess shuttle...could you tell me how mych a taxi to the airport cost? I am thinking around 300Dkk.:confused:

We are a family of 5 so I am thinking that the taxi is actually more economical, economy of scales. We have a 12:20pm flight, are not elite, do you think leaving the ship at 8am and waiting in the "holding area" will still get us to the airport in plenty of time?

Thanks for the info!

WeBeGone,

When you say it was more expensive than the Princess shuttle...could you tell me how mych a taxi to the airport cost? I am thinking around 300Dkk.:confused:

We are a family of 5 so I am thinking that the taxi is actually more economical, economy of scales. We have a 12:20pm flight, are not elite, do you think leaving the ship at 8am and waiting in the "holding area" will still get us to the airport in plenty of time?

Thanks for the info!

Our taxi for 2 was 320kk and we paid with a credit card. Since you are 5, a taxi is probably the least expensive way to go but watch you time. The taxi line for 2 pax moves very quickly while the taxi line for a large van moves VERY slowly. We got off at 8 and were in the airport at 9:45. The gate for our 12:15 flight did not open until 11 so we had plenty of wait time.

Archived