Southwest Airlines open sales for Nov to Jan today!

cruisers7771

Just thought I would let everyone know that Southwest finally opened their sales for flights from Nov. to Jan.!

I've been waiting for about 3 months to book our flight for Nov. to FLL. Today, June 23rd was their scheduled sales start date and I just checked and they are up!

Happy flying and cruising everyone! :D

I have also been waiting for the new schedules! Only problem is we need a flight that departs 1/2/2010, and returns 1/10/2010. The new schedule only goes thru 1/8/2010. :( So I may book the one way on 1/2 now though, and it is only $59 non-stop. Then I can book the return flight when those open up in Sept. I love SW, too!!!

Waiting for the February 27-March 8 dates to come up!!!

Found this on the southwest website:

How far in advance may I purchase Southwest Airlines travel?

You may now purchase Southwest Airlines travel through January 8, 2010. On September 3, we will open our schedule for sale through March 12, 2010.

So you've got a while still to wait but its sure worth it! The prices are amazing.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this! I was just looking last night and it was "closed". I was able to go and get my stepdaughter's "Rapid Reward" flight arranged and now don't have to worry whether there will be any blackout (or sellout) days! WOO HOO!

Thanks again!

I just flew SW from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale Jun 1st for $44 each way. Both flights were on schedule, with time to spare. They've never lost my luggage on the 20+ flights that I have taken. I originally had booked it at $59, so now I have credit banked from the price drop. I love Southwest.

A warning to those whose flights are higher than they expected.....

Same thing happened to us. Needed round trip New Orleans to Orlando for March 2009. Was on the computer the day the flights were available in November. $288 EACH! I thought that's outrageous. We've booked flights for $140-$180 round trip before. So, I didn't buy them. I decided to wait it out... The flights NEVER got cheaper. We ended up buying at $318 each r/t.

Learned my lesson. Bought our return flight for $103 each. Yes, Ding! fares are $45 sometimes, but I'm not waiting. If it goes down, I'll get the credit.

So, be careful with the fares around the holidays. This may be the best you'll get.

Kathy

I must be one of the frew people who were disapporinted with the fares. The fare from FLL t Philly is alms 200 one way on Nv 8th. I already have the flight to FLL for 88.

These do seem higher than expected. I'm thinking these may go down unless something special is happening in Philly during that time.

Kathy

These do seem higher than expected. I'm thinking these may go down unless something special is happening in Philly during that time.

Kathy

One of the reasons for the high rate to PHL that date is the week prior the schools in New Jersey are closed and many are returning home...

I must be one of the frew people who were disapporinted with the fares. The fare from FLL t Philly is alms 200 one way on Nv 8th. I already have the flight to FLL for 88.

Have you considered using BWI? We have done that before for that week and saved quite a bit...

I am in process of booking our flight for a cruise in November, some of you mention getting a credit if prices go down, how does that work?

The flight back we need is $138 but going is $88, from philly to fll. Am going to book it, but if going back goes lower what do you need to do?

Thanks for any help.

One of the reasons for the high rate to PHL that date is the week prior the schools in New Jersey are closed and many are returning home...

Senior rate is not always the lowest. Sometimes the 'web only' rates are less (last column).

Kathy

Flying from Louisville,Ky to Ft Lauderdale in Nov and I am really shocked by the price. :eek:

Usually we pay right around $200 to fly to Fl, but the rates were over $300.00 pp for Nov 3-13.

Looks like we'll be driving 2 hrs to Indianapolis,In where we can fly r/t for $160.00 pp.

I am in process of booking our flight for a cruise in November, some of you mention getting a credit if prices go down, how does that work?

The flight back we need is $138 but going is $88, from philly to fll. Am going to book it, but if going back goes lower what do you need to do?

Thanks for any help.

You can rebook. But you wont get it back to your credit card, you will get it in the form of a SW credit that has to be used within 1 yr from when you booked the original trip

This article gives some good advice for purchasing tickets:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/BusinessTravel/Story?id=4519704&page=3

TIPS:

I also use http://www.farecompare.com/ sometimes. But these types of websites do not list southwest.

I'm also signed up to receive email alerts with http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/ . <-- This is a great site!

Those of us flying in Nov and Dec have to remember these are holiday months so prices are going to be a little higher....and also with the fuel prices going up and down, they will be higher. I'm still glad to see that southwest doesnt charge you for your second checked bag like others now do!

(Am I allowed to post those links? :confused:)

You can rebook. But you wont get it back to your credit card, you will get it in the form of a SW credit that has to be used within 1 yr from when you booked the original trip

Just in case someone out there isn't aware of this I thought I'd share. You can use this credit on ANYONE you choose to. Example ...I purchased airfare with SW for next April. Our flights went down so I called and got the $26 credit for each ticket. Later we decided to take my son with us so I used the credit from my ticket and dh's ticket towards his fare. It was a simple and painless process. I was hesitant to get the credit in the first place since it has to be used within a year from your original booking but I'm glad we did as every little bit helps.

Archived