IOS Television Channels

Hi all,

We sail on the IOS from Southampton on July 4th for 2 weeks crusing of the Med.

I'm a tennis fan and would like to watch the mens Wimbledon final on Sunday 5th if Andy Murray gets there... I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but could someone please advise on the TV channels on board.

Thanks

JH

On the Independence TA in April, we started out with ESPN as we left Florida, but lost it after a day or two. We were told it had to do with the satelite "footprint." We had "Eurosport" for several days [for the two weeks we were on board, it was snooker pretty much around the clock -- learned a lot about the game, kind of got to like it] and then got some ESPN International. On our Med cruise on Splendour in 2007, I think we had ESPN International the whole time.

I do not know who has the UK/European rights to broadcast the tournament. However, many times they can show special events not carried by their normal networks. Let the crew know you are interested and if possible, encourage other fans to do so as well. I get the impression they sometimes put special events on based on interest on board. Last year on Monarch, for example, they put the NBA Finals on in one of the lounges.

One other thing you might consider-- sometimes events are carried on the other language channels that are not on the English language channels. Believe it or not, the FA Cup semifinals [English Soccer for non-fans] were not on the English channels but were on the German language channel. If you don't find it on the regular sport network, take a spin through the foreign language channels -- it can't hurt to look. Most sporting events you can follow the action even if you can't understand the commentators. Many times it is a blessing.

Last year I was on the Independence on the final day of the European Cup between Spain and Germany. They showed the match in studio B and the atmosphere was teriffic. Maybe they will do the same for the final of Wimbledon.

Last year I was on the Independence on the final day of the European Cup between Spain and Germany. They showed the match in studio B and the atmosphere was teriffic. Maybe they will do the same for the final of Wimbledon.
LOL I wasn't aboard for the final, but they even showed the Euros on Monarch which was on the west coast at the time. Of course that might have had something to do with the fact that CPT Karin is Swedish and Sweden was in the tournament. Everytime she walked by the Schooner Bar she took a good look at the game on TV.

Hi all,

We sail on the IOS from Southampton on July 4th for 2 weeks crusing of the Med.

I'm a tennis fan and would like to watch the mens Wimbledon final on Sunday 5th if Andy Murray gets there... I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but could someone please advise on the TV channels on board.

Thanks

JH

You may or may not get it on the in-room TV. It is very likely that they will show it one of the sports bar or a theater.

Archived