Notification for becoming Diamond Plus?

I turned D+ on my last cruise which took place end of March. Now it´s almost 3 months later, have not heard a word from them. When does RCCL usually send out any sign of confirmation about D+ status and its benefits? I find it quite sad and poor customer service they are not able to address their top customers within a reasonable time frame. Your experience?

Thank´s for sharing youer experience.

I turned D+ on my last cruise which took place end of March. Now it´s almost 3 months later, have not heard a word from them. When does RCCL usually send out any sign of confirmation about D+ status and its benefits? I find it quite sad and poor customer service they are not able to address their top customers within a reasonable time frame. Your experience?

I didn't get anything - I contacted them and was assured I was now a Plusser. That's all - end of story for me until I got onboard and was treated as a Plusser.:)

I didn't get anything - I contacted them and was assured I was now a Plusser. That's all - end of story for me until I got onboard and was treated as a Plusser.:)

Aren´t you supposed to receive an amenity for your cabin as a plusser? How do you know about it and how do you order it if you receive no info about it? Looks like they save that on some customers... Are you from Europe as well? I have a feeling that us Europeans are not treated equally to the US customers when it comes to this.

Aren´t you supposed to receive an amenity for your cabin as a plusser? How do you know about it and how do you order it if you receive no info about it? Looks like they save that on some customers... Are you from Europe as well? I have a feeling that us Europeans are not treated equally to the US customers when it comes to this.

When we became D+, we didn't hear anything for 2 months, so we contacted RCCL UK and they apologised and said that it can take upto 3 months for the D+ package which includes the D+ luggage labels, the D+ lapel pins plus a voucher for 75GBP to be used as a discount on the price of the next cruise booked to arrive. We did receive it about 2 weeks after our call to them and low and behold we then received a 2nd package about 4 weeks after the first one. So ended up with 4 D+ lapel pins, 8 luggage tags and 2 certificates;). As for the D+ amenity, we have been contacted sometimes around 2/3 weeks prior to sailing asking what gift we would like. On the other occasions we have contacted the C&A dept and they have taken care of it. We now have a collection of about 10 of their Nice oversized, nice quality Beach Towels:)

Well, two weeks before our cruise, I 'phoned Miami and asked for a holdall bag - they are really nice!!

When I arrived on board, the Concierge told me I was getting a bottle of Korbel, as were all other Plussers.

I protested,as we don't drink and they 'apparently' e-mailed Miami who 'apparently' told them I had to have the Korbel. I said I would take this further, until it reached the Captain, as Housekeeping did have the bags.

Lo and behold, the Korbel disappeared from my cabin and the very nice bag was waiting for me on the bed!!:D:D;)

Never received a package - but have nice luggage tags anyway.

We eventually received our package after 7 months; of course I had to keep calling them every 3 months asking about the status. ;)

We became plus after our Jan. cruise. When our cruise credit posted on the RCI website in Feb. and the website still said we were Diamond I called them. At that time I also requested the D+ package. The website was fixed to reflect D+ quickly. We are still waiting for a D+ package. I called again in April, My TA and a Loyalty Ambassador made requests for us in April and May when we sailed again. I asked again yesterday when I was on the phone with C&A and the requests show in their records but they admit that for some reason the package still has not been sent. They told me I should get it within 6 weeks. Same story I heard in Feb. :rolleyes: Fortunately service onboard is much better or we would have never sailed enough to get to D+. :)

Well, two weeks before our cruise, I 'phoned Miami and asked for a holdall bag - they are really nice!!

When I arrived on board, the Concierge told me I was getting a bottle of Korbel, as were all other Plussers.

I protested,as we don't drink and they 'apparently' e-mailed Miami who 'apparently' told them I had to have the Korbel. I said I would take this further, until it reached the Captain, as Housekeeping did have the bags.

Lo and behold, the Korbel disappeared from my cabin and the very nice bag was waiting for me on the bed!!:D:D;)

Never received a package - but have nice luggage tags anyway.

I am about to cruise in my first suite and got a very nice email asking which of a list of wines we would like waiting for us in our cabin. I emailed back that we don't drink and if there was a non-alcoholic option, we were huge Diet Coke fans. I haven't heard anything back and I'm not going to worry about it. If there's some wine in the cabin, then our steward will get to share it with his/her buddies.

I guess I am a little surprised, though, that in cases such as the D+ gift mentioned above or the offerings to the suite members, there is not a non-alcoholic option offered. hellosailer, there are more cruisers out there than the two of us who don't drink.

I am about to cruise in my first suite and got a very nice email asking which of a list of wines we would like waiting for us in our cabin. I emailed back that we don't drink and if there was a non-alcoholic option, we were huge Diet Coke fans. I haven't heard anything back and I'm not going to worry about it. If there's some wine in the cabin, then our steward will get to share it with his/her buddies.

I guess I am a little surprised, though, that in cases such as the D+ gift mentioned above or the offerings to the suite members, there is not a non-alcoholic option offered. hellosailer, there are more cruisers out there than the two of us who don't drink.

Ah, thereine lies the answer as to why you were contacted - you are in a suite!!

I agree that there are many 'non-alcoholics' on cruises - having said that, I do love a Baileys, although it does make my head spin!!!

But its outrageous that when I take the trouble to call them, they ignore my request!!

We were never contacted or sent any package after turning D+, but the cruising history on the RCCL website confirmed our status. (I don't need more luggage tags anyway.) The following cruise we took, C&A phoned us about 3 days prior to sailing to ask what D+ amenity we wanted in our cabin. I don't recall what the other choices were, but I opted for wine. On board, we were contacted by C&A rep who offered us a tour of the Bridge which we did (and thoroughly enjoyed).

Suzanne

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I still think that RCCL is making a huge mistake here and really drops the ball by not taking care of their top tier customers in a uniform and appropriate way.

Direct customer communication when it comes to changes ( e.g. new lounge rules) is non existant, at least here in Europe. Requests are handled differently depending on what continent you reside, some customers get welcome packages, some don´t. The C&A members only page is only working for NAmerican customers.

I think RCCL can learn a lot from airlines on how to treat loyal customers, how to keep them informed and how to make them stay committed. Not sure if other cruise lines do it better but I am highly disappointed in RCCL here.

Archived