How many ships in a port is too many?

mcarroll2

Bs Kc - your website is great! have used it and recommended it since I found it about 6 months ago.

Is there any way to break down St.Thomas into Havensight (wico) and Crown Bay (sub base)? I'm trying to find out where Horizon docks on Feb 26th and the two sites I know don't go out that far and usvi port doesn't answer E-mail.

• 2 weeks later...
Bs Kc - your website is great! have used it and recommended it since I found it about 6 months ago.

Is there any way to break down St.Thomas into Havensight (wico) and Crown Bay (sub base)? I'm trying to find out where Horizon docks on Feb 26th and the two sites I know don't go out that far and usvi port doesn't answer E-mail.

I'm sorry Tom, I didn't see your question until just now. As far as which ship docks where, I don't have that info. My schedules are based on the one's published by the cruiselines. I may be able to get that info sometime in the future. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Brian

I found out we are docking from Celebrity web sight. I had to plug in my reservation # and then hit cruise calendar. That gave me all the ports, times and whether its docked or anchored. I would think its accurate. They have us anchored at St Lucia.

We have 7 other ships docked with us on Wed. May 4 including the Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, & the Caribbean Princess!!!! :eek: With all of those megaships in port it's going to be a ZOO!!!! :eek:

Zoo probably describes it right. The three ships you mentioned will each be bringing over 3000 guests each. You might almost be better off if your ship ends up tendering. They will bring you right to the dock in the center of Phillipsberg. That way you won't have to compete with all the other passengers for taxi or water shuttle rides from the cruise ship pier into town.

We have 7 other ships docked with us on Wed. May 4 including the Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, & the Caribbean Princess!!!!

You might want to double check that list of ships. On May 4, 2005, the Voyager of the Seas is in Labadee not St. Maarten. Starting mid-to-late April, MANY of the ships reposition out of the Caribbean. The number of ships calling on St. Maarten significantly decrease thereafter.

I'm also trying to figure out why Celebrity says we will tender in St. Maarten on Feb.27th when the only other ship in port will be RCL's Empress. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Here's a two month rolling link to upcoming cruise visits by the St. Maarten Port Authority. It reports the Star Clipper is also in port.

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently the Cruise Lines, themselves, have a problem with too many ships.

The local paper recently reported that on a day with eight ships scheduled to arrive, two of the ships called on nearby St. Kitts, instead.

I think that if that ever happened to my wife she would jump over board and swim to Saint Martin. I kid you not! :eek:

Don't forget, there are LOTS of people who vacation at St. Maarten for 1, 2 or 3 week stays. LOTS of people! If there is only one ship in port you will see what it's like the majority of time. It's really nice when there are NO ships in port.

Archived