Boston Tall Ships & parking at the pier-July 10th

Valchie

Hi, I'm new here. Does anyone know anything about needing an access pass to park at Black Falcon Pier/Boston during the Tall Ships event in July (where to get one/how to get one/who to contact)? I'll be sailing the Spirit on July 10th, and either I'll be dropped off at the pier or I'll be parking in the garage. Someone posted something in CC last week, now I can't find his query so I don't know if anyone answered him, either. Thanks. PS - I'm doing a lot of reading here about NCL and am looking forward to the cruise. I've done about 18 cruises w/RCCL and only 1 with NCL in the mid 90's...they say change is good. We'll see.

st_cruis.gif

Parking & Services

Parking for cruise passengers is generally available at the BRA-EDIC (Boston Redevelopment Authority-Economic Development Industrial Corporation) Marine Industrial Park garage, a five-story, indoor parking facility owned by the City of Boston and operated by EDIC. It is located across from the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Embarking cruise guests holding valid cruise tickets will receive a special rate of $15 per day. Payments of cash, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted.

The garage has a vehicle height limit of 6’10” with additional availability for oversize vehicles and motor homes. Ample parking is available with NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. In the event that long-term parking is not available in the garage, Massport representatives will direct passengers to an alternative parking location when you arrive at the terminal. Security patrols the parking garage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For further information about parking at the BRA-EDIC Marine Industrial Park garage, please call (617) 918-6225 and then hit option # 3

Upon Departure: Proceed first to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Drop off luggage and passengers in the designated areas. Proceed to parking by exiting the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, turning left onto Black Falcon Avenue, then right onto Designer Center Place. The garage is directly across from the Boston Design Center.

Ahhhhhh, yes, got it! Thank you, princess! I can imagine the area will be crazy that day so I'm glad I eyeballed someone else's post last week. Although it sounds as if NCL is on top of it by emailing the passengers prior to the sailings. So....15 days and counting! Looking forward to Bermuda, and the voyage!

Archived