Crown Minisuite E730 - Club Noise?

TudorSue

We're currently booked for a 2010 Caribbean cruise in E730 minisuite aft b/c we like shaded balcony and this stateroom has a larger balcony. However, CC posts indicate the stateroom is directly above the Club Fusion stage. A CC post I found dating from 2005 indicates that E730 is NOT above the stage. Who to believe? Can anyone advise who's been in/adjacent to E730? How much noise/music vibration did you experience? We still have the option of switching to a starboard minisuite E 727 or 725. Thanks.

Hey there. I just recently stayed in this cabin, but on the caribbean princess for a southern caribbean itenerary (but I believe the location is identical). I chose the cabin for the same reason as you. Overall I liked it, but the thumping from the music below did get annoying (and im 27 and like loud music)

I would say that if your traveling with a group and can make good use of the extra big balcony (they will put an extra table out if you ask early enought) then it is totally worth putting up with the vibration/thumping from below. The noise usually started shortly after 2nd seating and went to 11:30 - 12:30 each night.

Since it was just the 2 of us on this trip we really didn't get good use out of the extra big balcony and would have rather been in a cabin away from the noise instead. The noise was loud enough to sometimes be able to recognize the song (lots of Karaoke) and require me to use my iPod speakers to drown out the noise.

So compare the pro's and con's. i would book it againin a second if I was traveling with a group. Hope that helps. I should also mention that it felt kinda weird having 3 cameras in the balcony area (evetough I know they repect your privacy) which were obviuosly for looking down to the lower deck, down the length of the ship and to the rear of the ship. Just a heads up.

Hello

We've been in this cabin on the Crown and absolutely loved it! Even with just the two of us, the extra room on the balcony was great but we do use the balcony alot. We were not bothered by noise at all. Of course, we did go to Club Fusion for the Princess Pop Star (karoke) but the band played when we came back to the cabin and we heard nothing. Although the cabin is the same as E727 and 725 I would definitely take 730 again. In fact, we are:p We'll be in the same cabin on the CB in two months.

Maybe the crown is different, but I didn't even notice any cameras.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We're currently booked for a 2010 Caribbean cruise in E730 minisuite aft b/c we like shaded balcony and this stateroom has a larger balcony. However, CC posts indicate the stateroom is directly above the Club Fusion stage. A CC post I found dating from 2005 indicates that E730 is NOT above the stage. Who to believe? Can anyone advise who's been in/adjacent to E730? How much noise/music vibration did you experience? We still have the option of switching to a starboard minisuite E 727 or 725. Thanks.

We were in E730 this last April on the Emerald Princess. We never noticed any noise from the Club Fusion below. We would take this room anytime in a heart beat. Not only does it have the huge balcony, but it very quiet and private. Only one neighbor next you, and great views aft toward the wake. We were originally booked in E728 because E730/E731 were both taken. I checked the room availability everyday, and one day a month or so before the cruise, E730 became available and were able to get it. If you still concerned, I'd book E730 and check often so see if E731 becomes available so you can switch. We were lucky though on our 10-day southern Caribbean cruise, the ship docked on the port side at almost every port. We were able the see the port/town/country side from our balcony. If we were in E731, we would have missed a lot of views... Have a Great Cruise...enjoy.

We stayed on the Crown over Canadian March break, and were in E732. We were in bed fairly early (10pm) due to a small child. We heard nothing, and I am a very light sleeper. We would definitely book this room again if available.

Good news. Our TA discovered that E731 became available so we're moving to starboard. Having checked out all the great photos of E730/731 balcony and sea views, we are VERY excited and grateful! Thank you, all, for feedback and suggestions.

We were in E731 on the CB in May (Southern Caribbean - Aruba itinerary). We loved the room and the nice balcony. The room was very private and very quiet. We have the same cabin booked on the Sapphire April. The only negatives - it's a long walk to the cabin, especially when you are coming from the forward venues. We found it nice to walk on the outside Promenade to the aft elevator area after a show, or to walk inside through the public areas of the ship - somehow that hallway on the Emerald Deck seems so much longer!:eek: We also did find that we were never facing the views in port. That was just a bit disappointing.

• 6 months later...
Hey there. I just recently stayed in this cabin, but on the caribbean princess for a southern caribbean itenerary (but I believe the location is identical). I chose the cabin for the same reason as you. Overall I liked it, but the thumping from the music below did get annoying (and im 27 and like loud music)

I would say that if your traveling with a group and can make good use of the extra big balcony (they will put an extra table out if you ask early enought) then it is totally worth putting up with the vibration/thumping from below. The noise usually started shortly after 2nd seating and went to 11:30 - 12:30 each night.

Since it was just the 2 of us on this trip we really didn't get good use out of the extra big balcony and would have rather been in a cabin away from the noise instead. The noise was loud enough to sometimes be able to recognize the song (lots of Karaoke) and require me to use my iPod speakers to drown out the noise.

So compare the pro's and con's. i would book it againin a second if I was traveling with a group. Hope that helps. I should also mention that it felt kinda weird having 3 cameras in the balcony area (evetough I know they repect your privacy) which were obviuosly for looking down to the lower deck, down the length of the ship and to the rear of the ship. Just a heads up.

Camera's on your balcony???????? 3 of them???????

Same on both sides??????

To those folks that have been on the Crown recently, a question: Is the Horizon Buffet fully open for evening dinner? Sometimes, after a tour, we just aren't up to dressing for dinner in the dining room. I seem to recall that on the sister ship Caribbean Princess, there was a tiny, limited buffet in Horizon Court in the evening. What is the current situation on the Crown?

Thanks,

REDTOY

To those folks that have been on the Crown recently, a question: Is the Horizon Buffet fully open for evening dinner? Sometimes, after a tour, we just aren't up to dressing for dinner in the dining room. I seem to recall that on the sister ship Caribbean Princess, there was a tiny, limited buffet in Horizon Court in the evening. What is the current situation on the Crown?

Thanks,

REDTOY

The horizon is only open for breakfast/lunch. Dinner buffet style is in the Cafe Caribe, which is just past the horizon court as you walk to the back of the ship on the Lido deck. We eat dinner here most of the time. I love the relaxed atmosphere. IMHO I think the dinner here in the Cafe Caribe is very good.

NOW, What about those Camera's that was referred to?

TOTO, I know you have been in these cabins: What are they referring to about 3 camera's?

The horizon is only open for breakfast/lunch. Dinner buffet style is in the Cafe Caribe, which is just past the horizon court as you walk to the back of the ship on the Lido deck. We eat dinner here most of the time. I love the relaxed atmosphere. IMHO I think the dinner here in the Cafe Caribe is very good.

Thank you for your response and input.

REDTOY

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in E730, then E731 the following week. (last week on the CB) I did not notice any camera on the balcony of E730...I didn't look for any. Then, while in E731, I was on the balcony when I looked up and there was a young gal standing in our balcony doorway:eek:! She said "excuse me, but they can't see very well from camera #2! I am here to clean it!!! Yes, there are 2 cameras on the balcony. One points toward the aft and one points forward. Both of them seem to be pointing on the balcony, but how much they can see of it I am not sure. Interesting.!

The point of the cameras are to protect in case of a fire. (important) How much they see, is anyone's guess.

Janet

I was just in E730, then E731 the following week. (last week on the CB) I did not notice any camera on the balcony of E730...I didn't look for any. Then, while in E731, I was on the balcony when I looked up and there was a young gal standing in our balcony doorway:eek:! She said "excuse me, but they can't see very well from camera #2! I am here to clean it!!! Yes, there are 2 cameras on the balcony. One points toward the aft and one points forward. Both of them seem to be pointing on the balcony, but how much they can see of it I am not sure. Interesting.!

The point of the cameras are to protect in case of a fire. (important) How much they see, is anyone's guess.

Janet

Interesting. I have E731 booked on the CB in December. The islands are Barbados, St Lucia, etc. Is that the one you did or did you do the other southern route? I've read that from this cabin when you pull into ports you are not on the side of the ship that will see the islands and will be looking out to sea. I would rather see the islands from my balcony and E730 is available for my sailing. Any thoughts?

The cameras are everywhere on lots of balconies. I don't think they are pointed on the balconies themselves, privacy issues there. They seem to look down and along the perimeter of the ship. That's how they find footage of people "falling" overboard. I'm not doing anything I shouldn't so I don't really care, it's for our own safety and security.

Anthony

Archived