Anyone been to Santa Cruz de La Palma, Canary Is.?

This is a small port of call where there isn't a huge amount to see, although it is a very pleasant town to have a stroll and look at the shops and stop for a drink/bite to eat. There is some attractive architecture and a pleasant walk along the promenade and a church in the centre of the town. You may wish to do a tour here as the walk into town etc won't take you too long. You may want to use this call as a place where you can recharge your batteries. Perhaps someone who has taken a tour may be able to give you some info on what to see around the island itself, which is one of the smaller Canary Isles, not quite as popular as Tenerife or Lanzarote etc.

We were there in 2007 about the same time of year. It was a pleasant stop, not an awful lot to do but the town is nice for casual walking and we had lunch a nice little restaurant. Took some pictures had a relaxing day, there was a free shuttle bus from the ship to the entrance to the pier area so you really just walked in the city. We had been on board three weeks at that time and were really toured out so we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the town.

Also, the weather was very nice. Long pants and a short sleeved shirt was all I needed and my wife wore slacks and a t shirt with a light sweater. When we headed back to the ship mid afternoon the breeze picked up so my wife used her light sweater.

Relax and enjoy!

If anyone has visited Santa Cruz de la Palma (NOT Santa Cruz de Tenerife), I would appreciate any recommendations on what to see and do. We will be there in mid-November from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Take the new electric tram from the centre of the city to La laguana,25 min ride up the mountain,runs every 10 mins.

,buy a return ticket from the tram station before you board,3 euros return

• 1 month later...
We were there in 2007 about the same time of year. It was a pleasant stop, not an awful lot to do but the town is nice for casual walking and we had lunch a nice little restaurant. Took some pictures had a relaxing day, there was a free shuttle bus from the ship to the entrance to the pier area so you really just walked in the city. We had been on board three weeks at that time and were really toured out so we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the town.

Also, the weather was very nice. Long pants and a short sleeved shirt was all I needed and my wife wore slacks and a t shirt with a light sweater. When we headed back to the ship mid afternoon the breeze picked up so my wife used her light sweater.

Relax and enjoy!

Thanks for the info...We will be here in a TA in November. Sounds like a relaxing day.

Archived