August 29 Spirit

seapenarth

• 2 weeks later...
We are on Spirit ( our favourite until we try the BIG new ship and maybe still ) embarking Rome Aug 29 until Sept 19. Hope we are not on our own. Do`nt think so as ship appears full for 2 of the weeks. :)

We are going to get great service on this cruise with so few passengers. oh me oh mi :cool:

My sister and I will be joining you in Venice. I am looking forward to the small ship and small Adriatic ports. This is our first time on Seabourn, so do you have any tips, especially concerning dinner dressing. I am always trying not to over pack. Hoping you can help, Dianna8.

My sister and I will be joining The Spirit in Venice. I am looking forward to the small ship and small Adriatic ports. As it is our first cruise on Seabourn, do you have any tips, especially concerning dress for dinner. I am always trying not to over pack. Looking forward to your advice, Dianna8

We'll be getting on as you are leaving. Save us some food.

My sister and I will be joining you in Venice. I am looking forward to the small ship and small Adriatic ports. This is our first time on Seabourn, so do you have any tips, especially concerning dinner dressing. I am always trying not to over pack. Hoping you can help, Dianna8.

I think for the 3 weeks we are on the ship that there is one formal night each week for which if you are going to the Captains reception or eating in the main restaurant means something dressy. Other nights may be informal or elegant casual ( cocktail dresses for ladies ). If you wish you can always dress down a bit and eat in Restaurant 2 or even in your suite.

The best way not to overpack is to have a few things that you can mix and match. :)

Thanks for your information. I certainly agree with mixing and matching. But, do women really wear cocktail dresses? It seems to me that people are dressing down so much more on cruises these days. On other lines, such as Silver Sea and Regent, they say, cocktail type dresses, but no one actually wears them. And they take up a lot of room, especially when you add the necessary accessories.

I think for the 3 weeks we are on the ship that there is one formal night each week for which if you are going to the Captains reception or eating in the main restaurant means something dressy. Other nights may be informal or elegant casual ( cocktail dresses for ladies ). If you wish you can always dress down a bit and eat in Restaurant 2 or even in your suite.

The best way not to overpack is to have a few things that you can mix and match. :)

Thanks for your information. I certainly agree with mixing and matching. But, do women really wear cocktail dresses? It seems to me that people are dressing down so much more on cruises these days. On other lines, such as Silver Sea and Regent, they say, cocktail type dresses, but no one actually wears them. And they take up a lot of room, especially when you add the necessary accessories.

I simply love to dress up! I'd rather bring my whole wardrobe than half of it.... but not possible! That's why I usually bring the less heavier clothes. Some skirts, long and shorter and some elegant tops. And some dresses as well, but not those massive layer over layer ones! And I try not to bring to many shoes.

Marja

On all of our Med cruises( including the one last fall) there were two formal nights for every 7 day segment.

I love clothes and I love dressing up but in case something happens and we get stuck somewhere I don't want to haul a big suitcase half way around the world.I traveled on business for years and learned how important packing light was -- and that you don't have to sacrifice fashion to do so.With respect to black -- I try try to avoid it altogether -- who wants to blend in with everyone else? In my opinion just wearing black is a cop out. With a little imagine and advance planning you can have a great travel wardrobe. At most I will bring one pair of black slacks or shorts and one black dress.My solution to light packing is to bring a few top and bottoms that ALL mix and match( and layer) for daytime along with attractive comfortable shoes and then at night I wear a diffrent dress( mostly cocktail and other dresses in color) just about every night with the same pair of sandal heels.Everything fits into one small suitcase and a small tote bag because I bring clothes that are thin and light weight ( mostly silk and jersey) -- avoid heavy fabric and beads.

My thanks to everyone for your help. It sounds to me like Seabourn is much like the many other cruise lines on which I have sailed: you wear whatever you are comfortable with, assuming it isn’t totally inappropriate. In other words, you don’t wear cargo pants and a t-shirt to dinner every night. I actually shared a table with a man, years ago, who did just this. I will try to do better,, and thanks again.

Archived