Laundry fill the bag special, anybody from recent Pearl trip?

Newbie0210

Are the fill the bag laundry specials mentioned in the Dailies? Or do the special bags just show up in your rooms on the appropriate day? Or is there some other way you find out about this?

Anybody who's been on the Pearl this summer to Alaska, which day of the week was the special?

I'm planning on wearing jeans the whole time and they are the heaviest piece of clothing, so I'm thinking of taking fewer pairs to keep luggage weight down and will have them cleaned on board. Wondering if the fill the bag special will work out for me. If not, I'll probably just pay to have them done.

Thanks for any advice.

We got back from the Pearl last week and they had the laundry special two times during the week. The first time was early like the 2nd night , I think. The second was later in the cruise. Didn't do it either time, but your steward puts a notice right on your bed at turndown. The 1st night, I saw the notice but had no idea where the bag was! Later I found it in the closet.

You will have a great time. Alaska is beautiful!!

I was on the Pearl's June 7th sailing. The laundry special was offered twice -- I believe the bags were on our beds on Tuesday and Friday nights. Stuff as much laundry in the bag as you can, and leave it for your room steward by noon the next day. It will be washed and returned to your cabin by 6 pm the next day. Our room steward left the bag on the bed when he did the turn down service, and there was also a notice in the Freestyle Daily.

It is a great value! At regular prices, the laundry we sent in would have cost more than $125.

On the June 7th sailing they gave you the bags on Monday to be given to the steward no later than Tuesday morning and returned to you on Wednesday. And again on Thursday to be turned in by Friday morning and returned to you on Saturday.

Can we request they not use the tape on our clothing and to use cold water? Or do they have to, because they probably wash people's clothes together? We have a heck of a time getting the tape off, and not bringing part of our clothes with it. Thanks.

From the Star, not the Pearl, but probably similar:

I was on the 6/13 sailing. The Laundry Bag special was offered 3 nights: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Had we known, we would have waitied until Wed or possibly even Thursday to take advantage of it.

People here had asked about the size of the bag, so I measured it: 17 X 24. ;)

On the June 7th sailing they gave you the bags on Monday to be given to the steward no later than Tuesday morning and returned to you on Wednesday. And again on Thursday to be turned in by Friday morning and returned to you on Saturday.

Hi Aimee,

We just got off the Jade (loved it and then some) and they had the special twice on the 12 nighter. As Platinum latitudes, we had one comped bag. Got the bag on our bed Weds. night, turned it in Thurs. morning before 10 am and got the clothes back 2 full days later on Sat. evening. Although the slip said by 6 pm two days later, at 6:30 we asked our steward who said it would be up shortly. Came before 7.

Not sure why it took the full 2 days but that's even how it was printed on the slip and we doublechecked with our steward.

I haven't cruised yet...what do you mean they put tape on your stuff? Like a name tag or something inside the clothes?

They put a small numbered piece of tape on each piece of laundry so that they can sort everything out in the end, and get each piece of clothing back to its owner. The tape is really sticky! Use caution when removing it.

Hi Aimee' date='

We just got off the Jade (loved it and then some) and they had the special twice on the 12 nighter. As Platinum latitudes, we had one comped bag. Got the bag on our bed Weds. night, turned it in Thurs. morning before 10 am and got the clothes back 2 full days later on Sat. evening. Although the slip said by 6 pm two days later, at 6:30 we asked our steward who said it would be up shortly. Came before 7.

Not sure why it took the full 2 days but that's even how it was printed on the slip and we doublechecked with our steward.[/quote']

Barb! Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about it. :D Haven't made it "across the pond" for a cruise yet...

(My review of our Pearl trip is buried out here somewhere if you're interested. Fantastic trip!)

(Sorry OP for the minor hi-jack)

How much is this service? We'll be on the ship 7 days, but gone a total of 12, so laundry service would be really useful.

Current price for the "all you can stuff in a bag" special is 24.95...and well worth it versus paying the per item laundry charges. The price has gone up recently...it used to be $19.95.

Gold Latitudes members get a 25% discount on the special. Platinum members get a bag free of charge.

Current price for the "all you can stuff in a bag" special is 24.95...and well worth it versus paying the per item laundry charges. The price has gone up recently...it used to be $19.95.

Gold Latitudes members get a 25% discount on the special. Platinum members get a bag free of charge.

Wow, $25 for a load of laundry? That money can buy at least a few drinks. Think I'll wait till get to my aunt's house and do laundry myself.

Your sentiment is understandable, since you can do a load of laundry by yourself at home, or even in a hotel, for considerably less. However, the price is a very significant discount from the regular laundry prices on the ship.

Everything comes back nicely folded and/or ironed. My husband; white T-shirts were all placed on hangars, as were my workout clothes. :)

Other folks on CC have recommended very carefully rolling or flattening and stacking the clothes, to get more into the bag. You can get quite a bit in if you take a few moments to creatively stuff the bag in this manner.

Consider the added cost of checked bags that is now charged by most (not all) airlines, unless you have elite flyer status. If you have to incur this charge, you might offset some of the cost of the laundry special by avoiding a second checked bag fee - or if you are a REALLY good packer - maybe even the first checked bag fee!

Other folks on CC have recommended very carefully rolling or flattening and stacking the clothes, to get more into the bag. You can get quite a bit in if you take a few moments to creatively stuff the bag in this manner

Note to self

Pack "Space Bags"

The brand is claimed to triple available storage space and offer superior protection against bugs, dust, mildew and odors, as well as being airtight and watertight.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Bag

Note to self

Pack "Space Bags"

The brand is claimed to triple available storage space and offer superior protection against bugs, dust, mildew and odors, as well as being airtight and watertight.

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Bag

I'd like to know how you intend to vaccuum the air out on the trip home? This is a visual. LOL

I just returned from a 12 day Baltic cruise and used the space bags for the first time. I was surprised that they really did compress our clothes so I could pack more. They are really easy to use, you simply add clothes, seal, and then roll them up to release the trapped air. I definately plan on using them in the future. One word of caution I did pack an empty spare bag, just incase one breaks.

Archived