Movie theatre?

Hello all:

I'm new to RCL and cruising.

Do you know if Oasis will have a movie theatre/screening room?

Do RCL ships generally serve popcorn during movie screenings?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

The deck plans have a spot that says conference center but nothing more. The ship model shows what appears to be note one but two screening rooms that are huge in comparison to the ones on Voyager and Freedom class ships. I love the movies so I hope this is a sign of better support. An announcement that they have formed an alliance with a company like NBCUniversal would be great as it would offer DCL like first run movies but I doubt that will happen.

Ad_3265_9.jpg

RCCL does not do anything for the movies beyond pressing play on the movie. I'm not even aware of anywhere that you can get popcorn on RCCL ships but with the Oasis of the Seas having the Boardwalk area that may change.

I also would love the idea of a movie Heather with popcorn and maybe a soft drink...first run movies is a stretch...but movies that have just gone to DVD would be lovely.

It would be great if they added a little concession stand outside the screening rooms in the conference center selling those things. Slurpees would be a great addition.

Hello all:

I'm new to RCL and cruising.

Do you know if Oasis will have a movie theatre/screening room?

Do RCL ships generally serve popcorn during movie screenings?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

I had heard somewhere several months ago that their is a big screen at the Aqua Theater and that movies would be shown there when shows were not being performed. I don't know where to go to confirm that.

I had heard somewhere several months ago that their is a big screen at the Aqua Theater and that movies would be shown there when shows were not being performed. I don't know where to go to confirm that.

ALSEAU, I seem to remember that as well! Maybe it was on one of the early reveals???

-------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2001

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - April 17, 2010

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day - 2011

There will be two very large LED screens in the Aqua Theater, stage right and stage left on the 10M platform.

As to movie theaters on cruise ships, didn't they become a thing of the past with the advent of in-room/in-cabin movies? I used to love the movies on Princess back in the late 70's, early 80's. I saw "The Turning Point" for the first time onboard the Pacific Princess. It was really fun entering a dark theater and seeing a first run movie all the while feeling the motion of the ship. It was an interesting experience to say the least! :D

As to movie theaters on cruise ships, didn't they become a thing of the past with the advent of in-room/in-cabin movies?

Princess is actually installing giant video screens in all their older ships (it came standard with the newer ones). And they also (as with most cruise lines) offer daytime movies in the theater

There will be two very large LED screens in the Aqua Theater, stage right and stage left on the 10M platform.

As to movie theaters on cruise ships, didn't they become a thing of the past with the advent of in-room/in-cabin movies? I used to love the movies on Princess back in the late 70's, early 80's. I saw "The Turning Point" for the first time onboard the Pacific Princess. It was really fun entering a dark theater and seeing a first run movie all the while feeling the motion of the ship. It was an interesting experience to say the least! :D

I have been on several different ships of other cruise line that had a movie specific theater room that usually also served as a conference room.

I believe Princess was the first cruise line to have an outdoor screen that showed movies. Now the technology has been copied by other cruise lines to display not only movies but sporting events, shipboard events as they are happening and music videos. The most amazing thing to me is the clarity of the picture on the screen during the day time. The most annoying thing is that now there is noise all day long on pool deck and no remote control.

Archived