Gold now, Platinum later

emilygrace

I hope I can explain this correctly.....we have just booked the Serenade for Alaska for next September. Right now we are C&A gold members. We're thinking of booking a short cruise in a suite to bump up to the next level. If we somehow managed to acquire two more points before the final payment is due on our Alaskan cruise, would we get the Platinum discount for our balcony cabin? Every little bit helps!

Thanks for any help! :D

madforcruising....yes, that's how I look at it. We'd get to go on a short cruise, have the suite experience for a little less $$$, AND bump up to platinum. As I see it, it's a win win situation. After all, you have to spend money to save money! Or at least that's what my shopaholic friends tell me.

Thank you for your quick responses!

Yes, you will get the benefits and discounts, even after your final payment but you may have to hound the C & A staff to make sure your short cruise gets posted to your account. We sailed last May and that sailing bumped us to Platinum. We had a cruise already booked for October. It took 4 phone calls to the C & A desk before our May cruise was posted and we finally got our credit on September 3rd. We had to make our final payment before they got things straightened out, but they did credit up the balcony credit when our Platinum status finally posted.

My 9/26 cruise made me platinum. I booked my 1/9 cruise in November. 9/26 hadn't been credited yet. Called C & A several times, explanations of 4-6 weeks, can't override system, can't force computer update, etc. Finally found 'capable' C & A person who did have the capability to force the update and got my $100 credit. I booked in November and had to pay full payment at that time. Haven't seen $100 credit yet, but it was just 'processed' yesterday. Docs have me as gold. I'm sure I'll have to take along my fax from my capable C & A person stating I am now platinum to show purser's desk should I arrive and not have my platinum coupon book in my cabin.

Archived