Special Cocktail Menu for Deluxe Romance on Carnival?

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to ask all the Carnival past brides if there was a certain cocktail menu they provided for the reception, or if it was the standard menu they offer throughout the ship?

I wanted to pick a "signature drink", but one that was available, since I know asking for anything special is a longshot. I know RR weddings they charge you more for top shelf alcohol, wasn't sure if this was the y case for Carnival.

Thanks in advance!

Hollie

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to ask all the Carnival past brides if there was a certain cocktail menu they provided for the reception, or if it was the standard menu they offer throughout the ship?

I wanted to pick a "signature drink", but one that was available, since I know asking for anything special is a longshot. I know RR weddings they charge you more for top shelf alcohol, wasn't sure if this was the y case for Carnival.

Thanks in advance!

Hollie

Nothing was offered to me, nor did I ask about it. We were just served the typical cocktails that are always available. I am guessing if top shelf was available, Carnival would offer it in their package upgrades as it is another way for them to make more money...but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I seen a thread started on this once before awhile back. From what I remember, no fellow bride could answer her question on whether or not she could request a signature drink.

Thanks Madam,

I guess I should have worded my question wrong. What I'm trying to do is to see if the normal cocktails that are available throughout the ship, I would pick one of those to be the signature drink, not having them make something up special, which I know would never happen. I was thinking of making "The Cruiser" a signature drink, but I wasn't sure if they offered a certain menu only for the reception.

Thanks again!

Thanks Madam,

I guess I should have worded my question wrong. What I'm trying to do is to see if the normal cocktails that are available throughout the ship, I would pick one of those to be the signature drink, not having them make something up special, which I know would never happen. I was thinking of making "The Cruiser" a signature drink, but I wasn't sure if they offered a certain menu only for the reception.

Thanks again!

My reception reminded me alot of how it is during Captain's night on the ship as far as the drinks go. There were three ways to get drinks. You could select an already made drink off the waiters trays, request a drink from the waiter to be made or walk up to the bar and order for yourself. If you want to have only "The Cruiser" cocktail to be readily available on the trays and nothing else...that may be possible. That may just be as easy as having your onsite WC mention it to the bartenders prior to your ceremony. Maybe you can even see if they will serve them in the souvenir glasses...which I am thinking will be harder if at all possible. See if Carnival will allow you to buy the glasses before hand to have them used during the reception. Long shot of course, but again, doesn't hurt to ask.

Madam5,

Thanks for the info regarding the way they serve the drinks. This helps me out a ton! I'm going to request this now!

I'm just trying to add some personal details in ways that I am allowed to!

Thanks again!

Hollie

We got married on the Ecstacy in 2007. I asked for special meal requirements once I read in the brochure that they would choose the food from the list provided. We asked for No Lamb, No Cold Fish, a Vegetarian item, etc. The food was perfect and everyone had plenty to eat.

As far as the drinks went, we didn't care. However, they had an AWESOME rum punch (regular and virgin) which everyone LOVED. I guess that would have been Our Signature Drink.

My advice is to let Carnival know what you want and make sure you send in your request early. I brought a special cake decorations and they used it on my cake. They have the standard white Wilton Dove Cake Topper that you can find at Walmart for $20. I got to take it home and it's still in the box.

My other advice is to have a friend be your on site "Wedding Coordinator". They will coordinate with the Cruiseline questions, made sure the room is properly setup and help with the wedding guests. We had a total of 60 people at our wedding.

My wedding was PERFECT and I didn't worry about a thing!! There's no researshal and you need someone to make sure the right songs are played and people are lined up. All we did was chat before the wedding and handed a copy of my requirements / list that I sent to Carnival. (They only setup candleholders. I wanted the traditional church setup with this / her family areas and memorial chairs for our parents). I didn't know everything she had done until the wedding was over. This person can be a sailing or non-sailng guest.

The other bride that got married that day wasn't soo lucky. I heard her screaming and crying during her wedding and reception. I really felt bad for her. Also, go that night to the Newlywed Game. They'll ask you and your new hubby to participate. It was SOOO Funny and we found out what we really didn't know about each other. Very interesting when you compare a Newlywed to someone married 25 years. (Great Fun!!)

Best of Luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a hold of Lissy in regards to the special signature drink. She told me that it can be done, but it would be an extra $1.95 per person extra charge.

Scratch that idea! My guests will be happy with whatever is already included with my package.

Just in case anyone was wondering!

I am getting married on destiny on jan 16, 2010. We have the 1 hr open bar reception slated. a friend of mine, who cruises carnival frequently, says that when their group has their receptions that top shelf stuff is available, just ask. That is all he drinks. I am not a fan of champagne and requested to have a ships specialty drink instead, but they wouldn't budge. I was actually disappointed in this. Does it matter truly if they put a fruity drink vs champagne in a glass??? Oh well, champagne it is. Hope for the loud signature POP! that goes along with it! Happy cruising.

Archived