Puerto Vallarta/Mismaloya - Chico's or Chino's???

Twickenham

Ok, I know this has been discussed before, but I would like to throw the question out again: which is better, Chico's Paradise or Chino's Paradise? How easy is it to get to either by taxi or bus? And if you go by taxi, is it easy to get a taxi back to the dock?

I've been to both, and thay are different. Keep in mind that either one is a LONG WAY from the cruise ships, and not just in distance. The last few miles is up a little canyon road, probably twenty minutes one way. The turnoff at Mismaloya is probably at least twenty minutes from the cruise ship, too. I am used to going there because I like to stay at the La Jolla de Mismaloya.

That being said, I prefer Chico's because I'm an adventurous sort. I will be the first one out on the rope swing from the restaurant to the swimming hole, and I will also take a few trips down the waterfall (like Arnold). You can count on the water being cold but not unbearable. In fact, once you get used to it, it is fun watching everyones' expressions when they react to their first dip. The food and drinks are expensive because they give you huge portions and they have to transport everthing back up the canyon.

So, if you want to swim and have fun, Chico's (the furthest up the canyon), if you want a lunch and a great canyon view, Chino's is great.

However, there are other options. For a fabulous ocean view, very romantic, very expensive meal go on down the road to Le Kliff. If you are a movie buff, eat at the Sets of the Night of the Iguana or John Huston's. Both of these are just past the Jolla de Mismaloya. Also take a minute to check out this hotel, especially the 3500 square foot Presidential Suites at the ends of each tower.

Archived