Picture of Boudicca leaving Tromsø thrugh Ryastrømen 27. June

Arlendius

We where out fishing this evening at Hella, a 35 minute drive from Tromsø. And Boudicca happend to pass not far from us in Ryastrømmen in good speed. Ryastrømmen is one of the strongest sea currents in Norway, and it is a little piece of heaven if you love to fish. You will catch pollock's on nearly every throw at times.

So now I have done some adverting for Hella (you should really check out this place if you happen to be on a cruise that stops in Tromsø. rent some fishrods, jump on the bus or rent a car for the day), and I have added a picture of Boudicca in a beautiful arctic enviroment for you Fred. Olsen fans!

Unfortunately I didnt have my dSLR with me today (usually I do ::( ), only my iPhone, so the picture quality is not that good.

IMG_0175.JPG

Sorry Arlendius but that is not Boudicca ,looks more like Braemar.:)

Sorry but you are mistaken :)

I double checked it yesterday, we drove past the ship while it was in port (and I saw the name on the ship), I checked with the ship locator on fredolsencruises.com and looked at the list for what ships where due in port yesterday.

So I am 110% sure that it really was Boudicca.

Arlendius

Sorry but you are mistaken :)

I double checked it yesterday, we drove past the ship while it was in port (and I saw the name on the ship), I checked with the ship locator on fredolsencruises.com and looked at the list for what ships where due in port yesterday.

So I am 110% sure that it really was Boudicca.

Arlendius

That is definitely not Boudicca, it is Braemar. Boudicca is below as per FOCL website...

fo_ship_overview_boudicca.jpg.7b1b52ba0b2782e4025266e387648993.jpg

That is definitely not Boudicca, it is Braemar. Boudicca is below as per FOCL website...

I am not sure what i can say :) That picture is taken from the front of the ship, mine is taken from the side/back.

The name on the ship was Boudicca when I drove past it earlier in the day, the port authorities listed Boudicca on their list as docked yesterday, and the ship locator on fred o.lsen cruises listed Boudicca to be in Tromsø that day.

So as stated before, I am 110% sure. I have no idea where I can check itinerarys from cruises that has already started, so if somebody does, please tell me.

Arlendius

I am not sure what i can say :) That picture is taken from the front of the ship, mine is taken from the side/back.

The name on the ship was Boudicca when I drove past it earlier in the day, the port authorities listed Boudicca on their list as docked yesterday, and the ship locator on fred o.lsen cruises listed Boudicca to be in Tromsø that day.

So as stated before, I am 110% sure. I have no idea where I can check itinerarys from cruises that has already started, so if somebody does, please tell me.

Arlendius

This is FOCL webpage for Braemar with a photo of her

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/our-ships/braemar

The ship in that photo matches the photo you took.

Boudicca and Black Watch are twin sisters, both ex Royal Viking Line ships and significantly different in shape/size to Braemar. It was not Boudicca that you saw, sorry, but it was not her. Below is a side on photo of Boudicca...

PictShipsBoudicca.jpg.022af9cb798db4a3c576c011e29d0d89.jpg

This is FOCL webpage for Braemar with a photo of her

http://www.fredolsencruises.com/our-ships/braemar

The ship in that photo matches the photo you took.

Boudicca and Black Watch are twin sisters, both ex Royal Viking Line ships and significantly different in shape/size to Braemar. It was not Boudicca that you saw, sorry, but it was not her. Below is a side on photo of Boudicca...

I have the newspaper from yesterday before me and it lists Boudicca as the only Fred. Olsen ship in port, and as stated several times before I checked with the webpage of Fred. Olsen cruises when I got home that it was due in Tromsø, and I saw the name on the ship with my own eyes. So unless you can come with a itinerary that says Boudicca was an other place yesterday, I will have to say that you are wrong.

Arlendius

Have a look at the summer catalog for Fred. Olsen here: http://www.fredolsencruises.com/dynamic/brochures/document/scenic_summer.pdf page 3 bottom right corner.

There you will see that Braemar would have been in Tromsø either the 22. or the 23. of June based on how many sea days (Stars in Dover on the 18., next stop Stavanger (might be a sea day over, so either there the 19. or 20th), no sea day to Aalesund, so either 20. or 21. there. From Aalesund to Tromsø there will be a sea day, so it was here 22. or the 23. And even if it had 2 sea days from Aalesund to Tromsø it would be her at the latest on the 24. and not the 26. There was a FO ship here earlier in the week but I didnt see the name of that ship.

Boudicca left from Leith on the 21. then to Kristiansund (either 22. or 23.), then to Honningsvåg with at least one sea day, so there it was the 24. or 25. No real need for a sea day from Honningsvåg to Tromsø but they might have had, so it fits as a glove that it was here yesterday on the 26.

I am sorry for being so headstrong about this, but I saw the name of the ship with my own eyes, and other sources also said it was Boudicca that was here yesterday.

Arlendius

I am not sure what to believe after looking at side photos for Boudicca (let's just say I am leaning to being wrong and confused :P).

But I am still looking for confirmation from someone that can show me an itinerary!

Arlendius

Boudicca was in Tromso according to her shedule on the 26th.and you probably saw her but you have by error put up a photo of Braemar.

Braemar is at present at sea on her way back from Murmansk.

No matter how you look at the ships you will see they are completely different.

H guys , I have to say that Goldryder is right , it definatley is Braemar . I have cruised on both of these ships and have actually just returned from Boudicca on 21st June . I have to say that I much prefare Braemar as she is much more modern . Boudicca was built in 1973 and although FRED OLSEN have kept her clean and tidy , her inside fit-out is quite average for todays standards of cruiselines .

So lets hear it for Braemar...or was it Boudicca... I`m comfused now , what were we talking about ?

Cheers ... :cool:

Definitely Braemar.

The best website I know of for seeing ship pictures is ShipParade . Click on 'Ship Alphabet' just beneath the main picture, then click on 'B', and you'l see lots of links to pictures of ships whose names begin with B - which covers all of the Fred Olsen fleet.

The chap who runs ship parade (Bart de Boer) cruised on Braemar not too long ago, and there are some excellent shots of her in the fjords in that review.

Archived