conch shell graveyard?

GinDon

A few posters have referred to a beach that is literally littered with conch shells...............from conch shells lining the beach, to huge piles of them. Is there a name to this beach? Directions to get there from the ship (I believe people say it's easily walkable)?.............I just don't want to start walking in the wrong direction! I would love to bring home a pretty conch shell that I picked off the beach with my own two little hands.

Does anyone have a picture of this beach they can post?

Thanks in advance for any info.

It is illegal to bring the conch shells back to the US through customs. Just be careful

Where did you hear/read that it is illegal to bring conch shells back into the USA???

We recently returned from St Lucia and we were told that you had to pack them in your checked luggage NOT in your carry on. Apparently they are considered "dangerous weapons" cause of their pointed ends! But it was o.k. to bring them into the country. Maybe this has changed???

Thanks!

• 6 years later...

Read the rules. If they inspect your bags, given that most of these are bleached white by the sun and sea, they'll most likely be looking for bodies of conchs still inside. wrapped in dirty laundry or towels in checked bags will usually make it through.

Edited by crewsweeper