Exact type or fitness classes on Journey?

Bethany Beach

Through searching I have found that fitness classes seem to be offered at 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. every day on Journey. What I haven't been able to find is the specific classes that are offered, such as spin, step aerobics, yoga, etc. I'm hoping for some type of aerobics class a few times during our cruise as we will have a few days where I'll be on the ship during either of those times.

Also, if anyone knows. . . if there are classes, is there a minimum number of people who must attend for the class to run? On a RCL cruise I took, aerobic classes were offered but not too well attended. If only two of us showed up the fitness instructor would rather sit than hold class. A few times the cruise director actually ran the floor aerobics class and he held it even if I was the only one who showed up - that was great. He said he was going to exercise anyway, so why not? The lazy fitness people couldn't be bothered.

I was on Journey in April and all the class types mentioned in your post were on offer. None of the classes was very well attended exept on sea days. Yoga was the most popular of all the classes. Sometimes there were only 2 of us present but the class went on. On one occasion I was the only attendee and although the instructor offered to run the class, I opted out.

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear. I prefer some type of aerobic class rather than using the equipment. I also am glad to hear that someone was willing to run a class just for one or two people. Hope that holds true for my cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hi Judy,

I am Elizabeth and will be on the same cruise in Sept. I appreciate all the questions you have been asking as they are things I have been wondering about. I am glad you are ahead of the game, I am learning along with you.

Best,

Elizabeth

Archived