Silly question...maybe for anyone who has been in a GS

Could you please tell me, do they provide binoculars for you? How about the robes and slippers? Also, can you keep said robes, if provided?

TIA

Bill

Hello! We just stayed in a grand suite on the Radiance. We did get robe and slippers. You could not keep the robes. There were no binoculars. Our friends, who were also in a grand suite, asked about the binoculars as it was listed as one of the perks of the grand suite. They were told that they did not give them for the grand suite any more, only the Royal Suite. I don't know if that was true or not because we did not press the issue.

Have a great cruise!

Debbie

Could you please tell me, do they provide binoculars for you? How about the robes and slippers? Also, can you keep said robes, if provided?

TIA

Bill

Yes on Binoculars, robes and slippers. You can keep the slippers, if you keep the robe and/or binocuolars you´ll be charged for those.

Just got off the Liberty... in a GS..... no binolculars (we even asked). Robes and shoes...yes. As stated earlier.... you can keep the slippers.... do not keep the robes, there will be a charge added. We were surprised with a little "gift" on the next to last night from the "shops" :D

Just got off the Liberty... in a GS..... no binolculars (we even asked). Robes and shoes...yes. As stated earlier.... you can keep the slippers.... do not keep the robes, there will be a charge added. We were surprised with a little "gift" on the next to last night from the "shops" :D

We also received a little "gift" from the ships shops on the next to the last night on our last cruse.....we were staying in an OS. I saved the liquid refreshment till I got home, and found it to be a very good scotch!:)

Rick

We also received a little "gift" from the ships shops on the next to the last night on our last cruse.....we were staying in an OS. I saved the liquid refreshment till I got home, and found it to be a very good scotch!:)

Rick

Us too.... what a nice "treat" :D

Thanks very much folks, sound like a definite maybe on the binoculars :confused: And good to go on the robes (which can't be kept) and slippers (which can :D)

Thanks again....off to check ebay for some binoculars!!

Bill

No binoculars on the Adventure this past May, too bad because I thought we were provided with them and I purposely left ours at home. I really missed them!

No you cannot keep the robe unless you want to pay for it. I bring my own slippers, they are far more comfortable and change into them as soon as I'm in my cabin.

Thanks for all the reply folks. BTW, has anyone been on the Explorer in a grand suite, even better in 1248?

Have they gone to flat panel tv's yet, or are they still on those bulky 19" tube tvs?

Thanks all

Thanks for all the reply folks. BTW, has anyone been on the Explorer in a grand suite, even better in 1248?

Have they gone to flat panel tv's yet, or are they still on those bulky 19" tube tvs?

Thanks all

We were in 1248 on the 6/11/09 cruise on the Explorer. Great room and location. We love being as near the forward elevators as possible. One deck up to the solarium and fitness center, straight down to the theater and promenade cafe.

Only one complaint, also from all GS on the port side. During the day they are constantly transporting a large cart with the dirty towels back and forth. You can hear the cart rolling from one direction, over the top and down the other side. One hour later you can hear it coming back.

This was only during the day so no big deal. There was one day I sat on the balcony and read most of the day.

Small TV's, but rumor is that will change when the ship goes into the yards for refurb this winter.

Thanks all

Hi Flyingmedic. I'm just off the Explorer last week. You can read my ongoing review here. It has pictures :). Nope, no flat screens yet, but possibly after January's dry dock.

Hmmm - this is new! Is it standard now for all suites or is it connected to the C&A status? I know Diamond + receive an additional gift. We are currently Diamond but this is our first time in a GS. What was the extra "gift"?

Rick

Is this a new thing?

I stayed on the Radiance last year in a GS, and we didn't get that treat. :mad:

Hmmm - this is new! Is it standard now for all suites or is it connected to the C&A status? I know Diamond + receive an additional gift. We are currently Diamond but this is our first time in a GS. What was the extra "gift"?

Stayed in a GS on Explorer, received a clear wrapped package containing: Box of hard candy, men's cologne, women's perfume, and a small bottle of Johnny Walker Scotch.

Thanks a lot folks. Your info has been most helpful.

I was ORIGINALLY planning on moving from the GS, to two D1's (adjoining) for the extra space/privacy/bathroom.

Wouldn't you know it, talked to our RCI Cruise Planner, and the darn ship is nearly sold out!! Guess it's time to make peace with my BIL :D.

There will be 5 adults in this one suite, Me, my DW, my BIL, his partner, and our 80 year old aunt.

I don't know what I was thinking....:eek:

Thanks again....

Archived