Advice on QM2, deck 6 inside

ultrawriter

Wife and I have done a TA crossing in a hull balcony deck 5, and enjoyed, but are thinking about the NY-NY October "splendours" cruise and possibly taking one of the small inside cabins on 6, in that section I think is right below the grill class dining rooms. Any opinions or experience on this location? Example: 6256, 6296, etc. Would the noise from 7 be a problem in these cabins the way some people say it is for the outside cabins on 6 being below the promenade areas?

i would opt for 6256. i would not be worried about noise from the prominade deck, you are to far in, but in 6296 you are close to the zone kids area. normaly that area is not that bad but it is something to consider. 6256 is closer to the stariway D, and the kings court. the only thing with 6256 is it is under the galley for the PG. not sure how much noise that brings.:)

This is a link to some of the problem inside cabins on Deck 6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848687

If an inside cabin on Deck 5 is an option, I would choose that. As you can see from this link, folks have had problems with noise in quite a few inside cabins on Deck 6.

Good luck in finding the perfect cabin.

Beth

Our inside cabin experience on deck 6, under King's Court, also included middle-of-the-night scrapping/cart-rolling noises. In our inside cabin on deck 5, we could hear conversations (plus television, scooping ice from the ice bucket etc) through the closed door to the adjoining room.

My advice is to bring ear plugs, regardless of what cabin you book. The QM2 doesn't sell ear plugs in any of their shops and if you end-up needing them, having a supply in your suitcase will make ANY room a comfortable experience.

Happy Traveling!

We had a Deck 6 inside under the Winter Garden and had no noise trouble for most of the time - except at 7am every day we heard noise for about 5 minutes - finally figured out it was the trolley wheeling in the paintings for the art show!

Enjoy your cruise:)

Thanks to all for the tips. After thinking it over a little more, I am now considering an inside on one of the higher decks such as 11. But either way, we don't spend much time in the cabin on such a ship. Cheers.

In my opinion, the inside cabins on decks ten and eleven are the best on the ship. They are in a private corridor which makes them very quiet. We were in 10037 on one cruise and enjoyed it very much.

No matter which cabin you choose, the QM2 is an amazing ship and you will have an excellent voyage. If you have additional questions, please ask.

Beth

Thanks to all for the tips. After thinking it over a little more, I am now considering an inside on one of the higher decks such as 11. But either way, we don't spend much time in the cabin on such a ship. Cheers.

Have fun selecting your stateroom! Have you decided which of the "Splendours" to do?

Lesley

Archived