**Latest Condition of Century???

DeRon

Hi Guys,

My dh and I were on this ship for the Dec 11/04 sailing. We really really enjoyed our vacation ... we were on the ship having lunch by 12:30pm on embarkation day and boy was I impressed. The lunch buffet was OUTSTANDING. I have to say the variety of food on this ship is delicious. The breakfast buffet is not to be missed! Everything from sticky buns (REALLY GOOD) to waffles to omelettes to fresh fruit. The breads on this ship - also amazing and I'm not a bread person.

Now - onto the meat and potatoes of the question! ;) Yes, the ship is showing some wear. We were in an inside state room - 9193 - and the washroom was gross. There was black mold in the shower and around the caulking and the sink was so chipped that it looked dirty. Also, we had some issues with the lack of cleaning that our room steward did on a regular basis. The room comes with two beds and two bunk beds. Because it was just the two of us we put the beds together.... you would have died at what was UNDER the beds. And I should mention that what was UNDER the bed was not vacuumed until the Friday before we were leaving. EW! The sitting chairs in the room had paint on them and the carpet was stained. Again - you don't go to cruise to spend time in your room, right! :) I did find the public areas were OK. Clean for sure but definitely showing some wear. In the Rendezvous Lounge they have navy couches that must have been showing some wear - so the went out and bought a lot of the same CUSHY navy and white paisley cushions and put them on top of what looked like the old couches. Try sitting on one - 'specially in rough seas! WoOHOO! ;)

In saying this - our waiter, Byron, in the restaurant was EXCEPTIONAL. The food was fantastic and we weren't rushed, even though on one night the Grand Buffet is in the dining room. The variety of meals, I thought was very good and always hot when we received them.

I read the CDC report the night before we left. Uh oh. But truly - I didn't see anything that made my antennas go up. I would honestly say that they got the report and got everything ship shape right away.

Please go and enjoy! We really did have a wonderful vacation. The couple at our table had a SS and couldn't say enough about it. They're butler sounded awesome and they were taking baths on the ship. Our bathroom you could sit on the toilet - was your hands and shower your feet! I would have enjoyed a big washroom during our rough seas!! :D They also used the spa - like everyday - and thoroughly enjoyed it as well!!

If anyone would like to know anything specific I would be happy to answer!

So many positives and negatives about the Century. But, we leave 1/22 and are keeping an optomistic attitude. We love cruising and will make the best of it. Too late to do anything else anyway. We have a SS (1202) and look forward to having our first butler and I especially look forward to meeting our new friends from CC.

Patti

Archived