Private tour - outside BOSTON

sharke

Done the routine Boston sites - interested in seeing Salem or similar sites outside the City. Anyone use a private tour company for something like this? Suggestions? Insights? Thanks

Done the routine Boston sites - interested in seeing Salem or similar sites outside the City. Anyone use a private tour company for something like this? Suggestions? Insights? Thanks

If you are sailing between May and Oct, I would take the ferry to Salem. Here is the link.

http://www.salemferry.com/

Its very easy to see Salem by foot as most of the attractions are near each other. www.salem.org is a good place to start. :)

There is a tour company we take to Foxwoods called

Entertainment Tours. You can go to their website and see what

they offer.

The Plymouth & Brockton busline also has tours of Massachusetts and New Enlgand.

There are always Grayline Tours from every major city. I highly recommend a tour of Newport. It is only about 90 minutes from Boston.

There are local trains from Boston going north to Salem and south to Plymouth.

There are ferry boats from Boston to Provincetown (tip of Cape Cod) and to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard.

I suppose you could go to the Massachusetts Department of Tourism to see who advertises tours there.

Hope I helped.

Hi,

I would rent a car so that you could hit multiple sites and perhaps even stay in the suburbs saving you $$ compared to the downtown hotels. Spots I'd recommend: Salem, Rockport (scenery), Glouchester (if you're into the whole Perfect Storm, fishing scenery), Lexington/Concord (battle site, Walden Pond), Plymouth (rock, but more interesting is the Mayflower replica and Plimouth Plantation (not misspelled : )), John Adams homestead in Quincy and the JFK Museum. Even a little trip down the Cape (yes, that's what people actually say) would be nice if you're into beaches.

Though us Boston drivers are aggressive :o, rent a GPS with your car, drive a little faster than you might at home, forget to use your turn signal and you'll fit right in!!!

Happy planning,

Lynne

Archived