Mariner Mex Riviera with smaller kids

We will have a 4 year old and an 8 year old and are hoping to book a cruise later in the summer (late August). Having trouble deciding between Carnival Splendor and RC Mariner. My hubby and I have been on one cruise together (our honeymoon) on RCCL Monarch (southern Caribbean). Our boys have never cruised so this will be their first! Want to make the best decision for them.

Do you have kids this age and have been on the Mariner. Did your kids love it? Do you think they missed a waterslide/water play area? Did your children enjoy the kids program on the Mariner? If you have been on both (I know the chances are slim since both ships are new to the west coast) and were cruising the Mexican Riviera again which ship/line would you choose?

what makes RCCL better than CCL to you?

Thanks a bunch

No one huh???

Well after reading some reviews we've made the decision to cruise with Royal Caribbean! Didn't steer us wrong on our honeymoon! I think our boys will enjoy the program on RCCL better that CCL. They will live without a waterslide... the Mariner has tons to offer as far as entertainment goes!

Is it better to book with the cruise line directly?

SO since we are all set with RCCL ... anyone with kids our boys ages have any suggestions for port excursions/activities?

Thanks again

~Tondi

Good choice! My 4 year old has been on 4 RCCL cruises and loved every one of them. I cannot speak for the Mariner, although I am going in two weeks with kids (4, 14 and 17) and will have a review after that. The kids program is great and you will have a struggle getting them out of the program for family time. My daughter loved the ice skating and Promenade on the Freedom and I expect the same from the Mariner.

I have done the MR before. There are a lot of different options in Cabo. In Mazatlan, we LOVED Randis horses but if you want to skip the horses you can go right to Stone Island which is a great beach with restaurants and activities right from the beach. In PV we did a jungle tour (got a taxi) and saw the sights. This time we are heading to Resorts in PV and Cabo to hang at the beach.

I will have a review sometime after 7/19. :)

Archived