AOS - what's new?

The ship just came out of dry dock, my understanding nothing major, will be going on the AOS in August,will keep you updated. We were also on the AOS many years ago.

Thanks alexkrn46, I can't wait to hear what's new. Hopefully they have put a wide screen by the pool, like all of the other older ships that have gone into dry dock. Enjoy your cruise.

We were on the AOS a few weeks after the dry dock and there is not a wide screen by the pool. They don't even have flat screen tv's in the cabins. The ship was in great shape and spotless. We took a galley tour and could not believe how clean they kept everything in the kitchen!!

Thanks alexkrn46, I can't wait to hear what's new. Hopefully they have put a wide screen by the pool, like all of the other older ships that have gone into dry dock. Enjoy your cruise.

Royal caribbean don't have wide screens by the pool, you need a Carnival brand for that

Royal caribbean don't have wide screens by the pool, you need a Carnival brand for that

That's what I was thinking, too. I have never seen a wide-screen on any RCCL ship.

We just came off of AOS a few weeks ago and it's definitely in great shape. We hadn't cruised her before, so I can't speak to what's new, except to say that the itinerary we had (Aruba route) was AMAZING -- best we've ever had on any sailing. If you have Dominica on your itinerary, you are in for a treat. Be sure to do an excursion that allows you to explore some of the amazing rainforests, waterfalls and lush scenery.

Also, the cruise director, Chris Northey, was a big hit with us. He has a great sense of humor and kept us laughing the entire cruise. All the game shows (Love & Marriage, Quest, Liars Club) were much better because of him.

The sports bar on the promenade has been remodeled since the OP sailed in 2004 and they now have the anytime dining option in the MDR. The beds and linens have been upgraded since 2004 also.

I hope they never have the big screen tv's around the pool. Didn't care for that feature on Princess.

The sports bar on the promenade has been remodeled since the OP sailed in 2004 and they now have the anytime dining option in the MDR. The beds and linens have been upgraded since 2004 also.

I hope they never have the big screen tv's around the pool. Didn't care for that feature on Princess.

I also hope they never put TVs out by the pool. I never watch it in the cabin and wouldn't out by the pool either. I think I would find the light and the sound from it both annoying and a distraction.

Archived