Glory, Valor, or Legend?

Anyone out there that has sailed all three or any of these? We are trying to decide which of the 3 to take. It is my husband, myself, and my 12 yr. old stepson. We are looking to have a balcony room. We have sailed on big ships and not so big ships before. We like the newer ships. Food is a plus! I'm not really thrilled about the Glory's itenerary - 4 days at sea. We like shore excursions, activities and the pool area of course! Since we are driving from Charleston, SC, travel to Port Canaveral (Glory) would be the most convenient. (Valor) Miami is a bit far. The Legend seems a little older and as a Spirit class does not offer as much. Price is not a big factor as they are all close in range - Legend is a little cheaper...

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I've been on the Glory and the Legend! I'd pick the Legend in a heartbeat. The layout of the ship is much better. I did have better service on the Legend as well. I don't know if that's because it's a smaller ship or what. But, the waiters as well as room stewards were much better.

I've done the Legend 05 and Valor 08, both nice ships but i def give my thumbs up to the Legend. Wife and I both agreed before that this is our most favortie ship. But after september 5, i can tell you if i like the Glory ( i'm sure i will but not as much lol)

I love the Legend! I've been twice and mom and I are actually planning a 3rd. The layout is great. It's a good size ship--not too big so that you're always walking to get somewhere but not too small so that there isn't anything to do. The itinerary is great. The crew has always seemed very happy and friendly. The balcony staterooms are plenty big enough and it's so nice to be able to enjoy some fresh air when you first get up in the morning.

The ship is in good shape and you would never know by looking at it when it was built.

Sailing from Tampa is really easy and painless. I'm spoiled now!

I wish they would build more spirit class ships :(

I love the Legend! I've been twice and mom and I are actually planning a 3rd. The layout is great. It's a good size ship--not too big so that you're always walking to get somewhere but not too small so that there isn't anything to do. The itinerary is great. The crew has always seemed very happy and friendly. The balcony staterooms are plenty big enough and it's so nice to be able to enjoy some fresh air when you first get up in the morning.

The ship is in good shape and you would never know by looking at it when it was built.

Sailing from Tampa is really easy and painless. I'm spoiled now!

I wish they would build more spirit class ships :(

I wish they'd build more Spirit class ships too.

Wow...I am really surprised. We really wanted to do the Legend because of price and the port (we love Tampa) and itenerary. But we were leaning towards the newer and bigger ships - thinking they had more to offer. We did notice that the balconies are bigger on the Legend, and that was swaying us in the direction of the Legend. I will revisit the Legend! Thanks so much for the input - keep it coming!!

Wow...I am really surprised. We really wanted to do the Legend because of price and the port (we love Tampa) and itenerary. But we were leaning towards the newer and bigger ships - thinking they had more to offer. We did notice that the balconies are bigger on the Legend, and that was swaying us in the direction of the Legend. I will revisit the Legend! Thanks so much for the input - keep it coming!!

I think it depends on what you're looking for. If you are dead set on having a big screen on the lido deck, the Legend doesn't offer that (and there's nowhere on a spirit class ship that it would work anyway), but the Legend has the show lounge, several bars, the disco, 3 pools (including the aft adult pool), a water slide, mini golf, etc... There was no shortage of things to do. There was also the game room on deck 3 near the main show lounge with lots of board games and stuff if you like things like that.

Legend and Glory are about the same age, perhaps Glory is a year newer? Valor is a bit newer than both and a sister ship of Glory. We love both Conquest and Spirit class ships so wouldn't hesitate to book any of the three ships you mention. For us itinerary (which is about the same on all three, western) and price would be bigger factors. Also we love sailing from Tampa so if Legend was the least expensive that would seal the deal.

Nothing against Port Canaveral, the port functions fine but why have the hour travel from MCO when a 15 minute cab ride takes us to Tampa or Ft Lauderdale or Miami from their respective airports? Plus sailing under the Sunshine Skyway is pretty cool. If I could book a cruise leaving the same day as a scheduled shuttle launch I would choose Glory, short of that I would sail elsewhere.

We've sailed all three. Personally, we prefer Conquest-class to Spirit-class. We thought the lounges on the Spirit-class ships were in too out-of-the-way places and there was too much vibration in the dining room, but we certainly liked Legend - well enough that we're sailing Miracle 3 weeks from today.:D:D:D To me, the best feature the Spirit-class ships have to offer is the open adult-only pool aft on the Lido deck. Absolutely love that area.:)

If you like sailing from Tampa and like port days (we like our sea days, and the Miracle cruise has 4 of them), I think Legend is your ship.

I gotta tell ya...that's what I ALWAYS hear...is people saying that the Legend is their favorite! We've done the Conquest Class ships...4 times now...and next weekend...we'll be on the Legend!!! So...I'm looking forward to "seeing for myself"...but thanks to everyone else's...always positive reviews about the Legend...we are looking forward to it!!! We sailed right along next to the Legend...last summer in the Valor...and the whole time I kept looking over at her...and thinking, "Man, that's a good looking ship!!!"

I've been on the Legend and the Glory and I have liked both ships. If I were you I would focus more on which port and itinerary you would like better. I think you would enjoy either of the ships themselves.

We loved the Glory but it sailed out of Port Canaveral which we really liked. The Glory is being repositioned to Miami when the Dream is finished. In terms of price, you may have a better deal on the Glory and Valor compared to the Legend which runs a bit higher.

We've never sailed the Legend but hear good things about her.

Archived