Athens Acropolis--when does "rush hour" end?

I keep reading that those of us not on an official tour should get to the Acropolis early, to avoid the cruise-ship crowds.

If I wait until mid-afternoon (maybe 15:00-16:00) to see the Acropolis, will it still be terribly crowded?

Other than when it first opens, when is the best time of day to tour the Acropolis?

I keep reading that those of us not on an official tour should get to the Acropolis early, to avoid the cruise-ship crowds.

If I wait until mid-afternoon (maybe 15:00-16:00) to see the Acropolis, will it still be terribly crowded?

Other than when it first opens, when is the best time of day to tour the Acropolis?

if you go 15:00-16:00 in summer I think is a bad idea because of heat.. after 10-11:00 Acropolis hill is very hot...

Fafos, you were the person I was hoping would reply. All of your information has been very helpful. Thank you! :)

I'll be arriving on Sept. 20 (Sunday), staying on the ship on the night of the 20th, then at a hotel for the 21st. I was hoping to wait until late in the day on the 20th to tour the Acropolis. Will it still be very hot then? If not, will it be crowded it I go later in the day--after 15:00?

Fafos, you were the person I was hoping would reply. All of your information has been very helpful. Thank you! :)

I'll be arriving on Sept. 20 (Sunday), staying on the ship on the night of the 20th, then at a hotel for the 21st. I was hoping to wait until late in the day on the 20th to tour the Acropolis. Will it still be very hot then? If not, will it be crowded it I go later in the day--after 15:00?

after Sept. 15th the weather in not so hot (75-80F the biggest) but 21 is Monday and this day museums are close, so you must visit the sites at 20th or visit museums at 20th and at 21 you can visit Acropolis area without stress...

Ok, so is this a good plan:

Sunday--see Syntagma Square changing of the guard at 11:00, then tour the National Archeological Museum (since it's closed on Monday, right?). I want to spend a lot of time at this museum.

Monday--tour the Acropolis and surrounding sites. But, is the new Acropolis Museum open on Monday?

Ok, so is this a good plan:

Sunday--see Syntagma Square changing of the guard at 11:00, then tour the National Archeological Museum (since it's closed on Monday, right?). I want to spend a lot of time at this museum.

Monday--tour the Acropolis and surrounding sites. But, is the new Acropolis Museum open on Monday?

new Acropolis Museumis close at Mondays... museum open 8:00am.. you have time for see everything until 11:00 when you must take the metro and go to Syntagma (5-10 minutes from Acropols station)... next go to National museum (Syntagma metro-> Omonoia metro-> Victoria station, walking 5-7min to museum)... see museum and return to Victoria station for go back to Pireaus....

Archived