Elation 6/25-28 Review!! Amazing

carlat78

First let me start off by saying that this is my 1st time sailing Carnival with the other times being Celebrity & NCL...and Carnival has officially won me over HANDS DOWN!! It was my parents anniversay so I decided to treat them to their 1st cruise along with my 7m old DD. I have reviewed various areas and have some comparision to Celebrity in my review.

Room- I decided to book a Cat 12 Penthouse suite since it would comfortably fit the 4 of us, and IT DID!! Great spacious room, balcony fits 3 chairs easily ( you could possibly put 4 out there but it would be a tight fit) flat screen t.v, bathroom MARVELOUS with jacuzzi tub that fits 1 and a walk in closet that easily stored all of our luggage. We were in U69 and after careful research on this board I was satisfied with my choice until nighttime hit!! Um U69 is located right under a common area!!!! With MAJOR noise from above!! Running, Dragging, Thumping EVERY NIGHT starting at about 5pm until 11pm!! I was sooo mad!! I thought someone above was having a great time in their stateroom so I got up out of bed walked upstairs turned the corner and there it was, nothing just people walking around minding their own business. LOL. I can laugh about it now, but note this room and the next two suites next to it definitely feel the noise effects.

Food- WONDERFUL!!WONDERFUL! Better than Celebrity handsdown...Fav item omelet station, french toast, hot pastrimi sandwich from the Deli Station, Pork Chops, Strawberry Cheesecake and yes that chocolate melting cake thingamajig...once again GREAT!

Service- Great each time every time, every one spoke to you, went out there way to assist and was friendly

Common Areas- Clean ship, I was pleasently surprised! She doesnt look old or worn...she was great and sailed great. This is very much a PARTY ship, with the crowd being a mixture of generations...with the common theme being PARTY! I had a blast!

Pool- Um small!! Very very disappointed, and we were ready for the pool we LOVE to splash around and it was so super duper small taken over by children and just small. We didnt even break out out swimsuits once, note to self next cruise HAS to have a bigger pool!

Camp Carnival- I choose not to use this service, but the women in their were so FRIENDLY, when they met my DD they begged me to stop by and I did. When she is older and Im not a paranoid new mommy anymore I will defintiely use this service, the kids were having a blast in there!

Archived