Vantage Travel River Cruise 27 days/Amsterdam to Black Sea

No Sea Legs

Anyone ever been on this river cruise. We have been on Grand Circle River cruises, both Christmas Markets and throughout France. This would be a very long one, seeing some of the same areas seen in winter. Would appreciate anyone who has taken this trip to let us know their thoughts please.

Thanks

No Sea Legs:rolleyes:

Good Morning - My wife and I did the Amsterdam to Hungary part of that trip with Vantage in 2005 and really enjoyed it. We were on the Odyssey. Great ship, good food and fantastic tour directors. We had about 160 passengers, broken up into 4 tour groups, each with our own tour director. Great stops with included tours. Can't say enough good things about this trip. We are currently looking at the Vantage Eastern Europe to the Black Sea trip for next August. We found that starting in Amsterdam was a better route but to each his own. Also we took the cabin in the bottom of the boat. One level up was more expensive and the cabins were the same size with the exception of the window was bigger. I would rather spend the money for the difference on a couple bottles of wine for dinner.

We did the China trip with Vantage in 2006 and the Greece trip on a 170ft motor yacht (which they don't do now) in 2007.

If you have any questions email me at WillardWKrieble@ij.net and I will be glad to answer any thing you want to know. Willard

Like Willard (Hi Willard) we did the Budapest to Amsterdam trip in August, 2008 with Vantage on the Odyssey and it was wonderful. I have had contact with someone else who did Eastern portion budapest to Black Sea just this year and she said her trip was wonderful and my trip was wonderful so between the two of us you have a wonderful for the whole distance! Cabin size is a very personal thing....Willard was happy in the smaller less expensive cabin on the lower deck.....I would be miserable....I liked the airiness of the upper deck and I loved the french balcony, which admittedly serves no useful purpose other than you can open the doors and look out while getting fresh air in the cabin. The service on the ship was great, the food was good, not great, but certainly good and they didn't stuff you like a sausage. We used Vantage for Egypt and Jordan this past Jan. and are going to the Netherlands in May with them as well. I have yet to find anything to complain about with Vantage except that sometimes their office staff could be a liittle more efficient and helpful. I think you're going to really enjoy this trip, Winter scenary should be spectacular!!:)

Hi, we just returned from the Vantage 27 day trip from Bucharest to Amsterdam. We loved the trip. The ship's staff waited on you hand and foot and after a few days were calling you by your first name. We had a French balcony and really enjoyed being able to open the door and watch the sights go by. Also they are the only cabins that have the two beds that can be put together. Our program manager (Polina) was the best. She was very knowledge and took care of our every need. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end and I highly recommend Vantage. If you want additional information, write me directly at bcvcus@yahoo.com. Vickie

Thanks to all of you who answered

Sorry I am so late in answering all of you kind suggestions. We are now torn between this trip and the one from Amsterdam to Budepest.

Again, thanks for the help.:confused:

Archived