Freedom of the Seas and HC Cabins

ljzelenz

I think it depends on the age of the children and the class of cabin. The E1 class is for only 2 people. I've heard that RC will make exceptions if the kids are under 2 years old. I know they wouldn't make an exception to have a third adult in an E1 HC cabin. The JS balcony cabins show that they will hold 3 or 4 people.

Have you tried calling special needs to ask about having kids in the cabin? (866) 592-7225

Hello, Will RCI allow 2 adults and 2 children in a HC balc stateroom ? Thanks, Lori

As long as the cabin ( regardless of it being HC or not ) has been specifically designed to accommodate 4 people , there should be no problem, If you go to the RCI website the Deck Plan for the ship will show which HC cabins have additional bunks and or a full size sofa bed. I'm booked on the Jewel of the Seas in a HC and that has 1 upper pullman bunk.t hat would allow 3 people to stay in the cabin. Some HC cabins have 2 upper pullman bunks or a sofa with a full size pull out bed.

Based on the Freedom of the Seas Deck Plan :

HC Balcony cabin 1628 - has a pull out sofa bed

HC Balcony cabin 1328 - has pullman bunk beds and a pull out sofa bed

Based on the Freedom of the Seas Deck Plan :

HC Balcony cabin 1628 - has a pull out sofa bed

HC Balcony cabin 1328 - has pullman bunk beds and a pull out sofa bed

Those are both junior suite cabins. The "standard" balcony cabins are 6620, 6624, 6320, 6324, 7620, 7624, 7320, and 7324. Those are all E2s (sorry I mistyped above and called them E1s) that show they only hold 2 people. The JS cabins will be more expensive than the E2 cabins. There are interior cabins that will hold 3 people, but I didn't see any interiors or ocean views that will hold 4 people. I might have overlooked them. Kind of strange for a ship that is supposed to be "family friendly".

Those are both junior suite cabins. The "standard" balcony cabins are 6620, 6624, 6320, 6324, 7620, 7624, 7320, and 7324. Those are all E2s (sorry I mistyped above and called them E1s) that show they only hold 2 people. The JS cabins will be more expensive than the E2 cabins. There are interior cabins that will hold 3 people, but I didn't see any interiors or ocean views that will hold 4 people. I might have overlooked them. Kind of strange for a ship that is supposed to be "family friendly".

Though the cruise lines strive to present the information on their websites as accurate as possible sometimes things are omitted. Suggest you contact RCC directly to determine if there is a HC Cabin that meets your needs. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know what RCC "allows" for sleeping in an accessible JS, but they are equipped only with twin beds which can convert to a queen and SOME are equipped with a sofabed, which from our experience would be tolerable only for two small children - they are not very big sofa beds and when it is opened up moving about the cabin if a wheelchair is involved is very difficult. But first you need to get directly to RCC Special Needs and ask them specifically what they "allow" for numbers sleeping in a HC JS Somebody has already posted the tel no. above:)

Thanks for all of your support. I have been told by RCI (both booking and special needs) that our only option is a Jr suite which is almost $2,000 more than the Balc cabin we were looking at. This is so frustrating and does not seem right !! Any suggestions of who I can e-mail to complain ? Thanks for your support, Lori

Thanks for all of your support. I have been told by RCI (both booking and special needs) that our only option is a Jr suite which is almost $2,000 more than the Balc cabin we were looking at. This is so frustrating and does not seem right !! Any suggestions of who I can e-mail to complain ? Thanks for your support, Lori

and why does this not seem "right"? The cabins are configured to hold a certain number of people, and if they won't allow it, they won't allow it. As you know, HC cabins are limited in number, and the "better" (non-handicap accessible) cabins are available for those folks willing to pay for it.

I'd like to book a veranda suite, myself -- none of which are accessible to someone in a wheelchair, so I can't. That's not fair.

I think the lack of choice is not a matter of "right", but is a matter of fairness. It's not fair. Life is not fair. But there it is.

This has happened to me on many inquires to many different cruise lines. It takes some research and planning and, sometimes, having to get two cabins or pay for an upgraded cabin. I do what I have to and not let it get the best of me.

Also, I like sailing in an aft h/c cabin - not available on most ships. It doesn't stop me from cruising if I can't get a cabin in a certain area.

Why book a JS HC? Cost of the JS HC with 3rd & 4th is more expensive than two E2 balconies (one reg, one HC) with 1st and 2nd in each. Besides the JS HC is the same size as a E2 HC.
That's what I found out on Serenade. I needed an HC cabin for 3 people. We would either have to get a JS or 2 cabins. The size difference between an E1/E3 cabin and a JS cabin is less than 10 sq. feet. I couldn't believe that RC wanted 1.5X the fare for 2 people plus the third person rate for the JS. For an extra $200 we could get the E3 HC cabin and the connecting E3 cabin next door. That's even with having the third person paying 200% for the cabin plus we get 2 bathrooms instead of 1. That was a no brainer! If we had wanted to spend about $500 less, we could get an E1 HC cabin (has a larger balcony than an E3, but same cabin size) and an interior cabin down the hall.

The difference is we are 3 women as opposed to a family of 4 with young children. The price difference in the cabin types might be the difference between taking a cruse this year and saving another year. Freedom is one of RC's newer ships so the fares are still higher than most of their other ships.

Archived