Will I like Carnival if I love Celebrity and Princess?

BluesCruise

I say try Carnival - we did last September out of NYC and were very, pleasantly surprised! The service and food were better than RCCL and NCL in my opinion. And the beds were very comfy. For the price - it could not be beat!

I have not cruised on Carnival since 1987. I wasn't overly impressed with them at the time, because I compared them to the old school cruises I traveled on as a child in the early 70's. While I realize nothing will be like the Home Lines and Greek Lines of old, Celebrity and Princess left me more than satisfied with the experience.

The reasons I am considering Carnival now are 1) Lower Prices, especially for a solo cruiser and 2) Numerous departures from Baltimore, 20 minutes from my home. I can travel while most kids are in school, so I can avoid them for the most part. I don't care too much about the lack of formality, as that won't make or break my cruise. My biggest concerns are food, service, and low-key activities (I like trivia, boardgames, etc.). Although Carnival doesn't have many longer itineraries, I can do 2 b2b Carnival cruises for the same price as 1 on Celebrity or Princess.

So, for those who have cruised on both in recent years...will I like Carnival?

Do not be afraid to take the carnival pride cruise out of Baltimore we were strickly Celebrity cruisers before we took this cruise on 5/30/09 we were satisfied with this cruise not knowing what to expect we were pleasantly suprised. So much so we booked this cruise again for 8/21 09 and have our celebrity cruise on the Mercury 11 /9/09

Archived