Taxi - MCO to/from Port Canaveral

Looking to book a cruise today and don't have time to search. Can anyone tell me how much a taxi to/from MCO to Port Canaveral costs. I'm just looking to land at the airport and grab a cab to the pier. Anyone do this before? I'm sure there is plenty of cabs at the airport/pier.

I am sure that that has been done before but not often. The port is roughly an hour from the airport. The best suggestion is to rent a car or take a shuttle. There are even transportation compainies that can take you to the port.

I understand that its not what you want but the most economical way (based on 2 people) would be a shuttle (if you don't want to drive)

There are several companies, email me and I will give you info on one.

Each way?:eek:

Can you tell me the name of a reasonable car service? Doesn't have to be a fancy car, a van will do fine. We just don't want to rent a car. 3 ladies cruising for a girls weekend and none of us want to drive.

Yes by law they return empty. Search shuttle Cocoa Beach or try cbshuttle.com. Mention CC for a 10% discount.

I rented a car from Budget ($50) from MCO to the port, and then took Cocoa Beach Shuttle back ($33 plus tip). I wanted to stop and pick up some things on the way to the port, and having the rental car made the most sense.

I thought the shuttle was fine, too. I made a reservation, but not for a fixed time, and they didn't require a deposit. They said to show up and they would put me in the next available shuttle. As it turned out I was the last one into mine, and we left immediately, so I thought it was great. I don't know how long the other people had to wait, though, so they may not have been as pleased as I was.

Last year we used Florida Towncar Service, for $100, for the return to the airport. The driver was prompt and courteous, but he drove like a bat out of hell and was multitasking as he did so (he was the owner and was making reservations). So I would hesitate to use them again because even I, who sometimes channel Mario Andretti, was a little nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I found 3 different car services. All of these are for a town car to/from MCO & Port Canaveral. Looking for input on any of these car services, the good and the bad, such as reliability, driver demeanor, etc.

Elite Transportation - Charging $180 + 20% gratuity roundtrip

Payless Transporation - $170 plus gratuity (not sure if gratuity is automatic)

Coca Beach Shuttle - $170 plus gratuity

• 2 years later...
I'm using Sunrise Florida Transportation for a price of $168 round trip, including all fees and driver gratuities, for our August 23 cruise. ($140 cruise special, plus $28 gratuity)

You might want to check them out: www.TransportationFlorida.com

Anyone have experience with them??

I used them February 2010 for my return trip to Orlando Airport when I returned on the Sensation. They would not give me a pick up time and I was told to call them when we arrived in customs, which I did and did not get an answer. We tried calling them a few times and nobody answered. We were waiting outside during the Florida cold spell. :mad: Finally after about a 45 min wait, I finally got through to someone and they came to get us. I was tempted to take another transport that was waiting outside but Sunshine had my credit card number and I wasn't sure of their cancellation policy and I didn't want the hassle of fighting the charges if it came down to it. The owner came to pick us up and apologized, said his driver didn't show up but unfortunately, I wouldn't use them again because of this.

ok, I found 3 different car services. All of these are for a town car to/from MCO & Port Canaveral. Looking for input on any of these car services, the good and the bad, such as reliability, driver demeanor, etc.

Elite Transportation - Charging $180 + 20% gratuity roundtrip

Payless Transporation - $170 plus gratuity (not sure if gratuity is automatic)

Coca Beach Shuttle - $170 plus gratuity

We used Michael and Executive vip limo which was the most highly

recommended company on these boards.

The service was A+ and the price was very good for private

transportation. Here is the contact number 321-505-0009

Archived