Loved the Caribbean Princess

peggy1

We just returned from the CP and loved it. The ship is beautiful, the food was good with great presentation. We had the most enthusiastic head waiter, Sergio. He really was so good natured and made everyone who entered the Coral Dining feel special. We had a great cabin sterward, Rosemarie. Everyone was very professional and friendly. It was however, at times hard to find a seat by the pools. We loved the MUTS. Such a nice touch. At times at the Wine Bar, the smell of the cheese really was overpowering, and everyone was commenting on it. The cofee bar is great and offers all kinds of pastry and salads paninis, and sandwiches. The buffet at times was quite warm and the smallest we've seen. Overall, however, we loved the ship and cruise in general. For those who are scheduled to sail, enjoy.

Glad that you had a wonderful cruise, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

I have been reading what others are saying about formal nights and dress....not to start a bad discussion but what did most of the ladies wear for formal night. We have not cruised with Princess for three years. I love dressing up but if I am going to be in the minority, I will stick with the dressy black pants and sparkly top

Thanks for your help:)

Linda

At times at the Wine Bar, the smell of the cheese really was overpowering, and everyone was commenting on it.

I think that's the raclette. They serve it on sea days at the Wine bar, it's melted cheese over potatoes, with gherkins on the side. It really fills up the atrium with a burning-cheese smell!

The other cheeses were kept in the walk-in fridge with the meats, and the daily offering is displayed under glass.

LidoLiz

IMG_1256_2.jpg.f280687262479341ea94e0edbdbb43e0.jpg

We just returned from the CP and loved it. The ship is beautiful, the food was good with great presentation. We had the most enthusiastic head waiter, Sergio. He really was so good natured and made everyone who entered the Coral Dining feel special. We had a great cabin sterward, Rosemarie. Everyone was very professional and friendly. It was however, at times hard to find a seat by the pools. We loved the MUTS. Such a nice touch. At times at the Wine Bar, the smell of the cheese really was overpowering, and everyone was commenting on it. The cofee bar is great and offers all kinds of pastry and salads paninis, and sandwiches. The buffet at times was quite warm and the smallest we've seen. Overall, however, we loved the ship and cruise in general. For those who are scheduled to sail, enjoy.

Thanks so much!!!! :)

I am scheduled to sail in August. Can't Wait to See the Changes!!! :p

This will be my third time on her.

So tell us, how did you like Anytime dining?

Did you go to the Seafood Buffet on sail away night?

(That's one thing I'm looking forward to) :D

Thanks for your thoughts! DO you recall what was playing on MUTS? Did you have nice weather? Did you notice if the sanctuary was crowded or not?

Thank you!

We just got off as well. I recall they were playing "Momma Mia", "Hotel for Dogs", "Gran Turino", "Iron Man", and I am sure there were others I do not remember or did not see.

The Sanctuary has limited seating so I do not believe it is ever crowded, plus you have to pay for it. We did not use it.

It only really was rainy/stormy on 2 of the sea days. We personally loved it!! Soaking in the hot tubs at the spa pool in the rain and high winds was quite fun. Hanging out near the spa pool appeared to us to be just as enjoyable as going to the Sanctuary, and the deck chairs on deck 16 overlooking the spa pool were usually available.

I have been reading what others are saying about formal nights and dress....not to start a bad discussion but what did most of the ladies wear for formal night. We have not cruised with Princess for three years. I love dressing up but if I am going to be in the minority, I will stick with the dressy black pants and sparkly top

Linda

You will not be in the minority. Most Princess cruisers enjoy formal nights and dress appropriately.

Linda

I think black pants and sparkly top are perfectly appropriate for formal night! On our cruise next week (yay!) I am bringing one black cocktail dress and also a pair of chico's travelers black pants and a sparkly top! Although my 10 yo son will be wearing his tux!

Totally agree about Sergio! Franco who did the seating also was very good. We didn't need anything from Sergio, but a few of our table mates did and he was SO NICE! One gentleman wnated the flourless cake- Sergio found it for him- He really did go the extra mile for people.

There are a variety of tables in the dining rooms. The dining rooms don't feel too crowded. The tables are spaced nicely. If you have Anytime Dining, you may experience a short wait on the Captain's Welcome night (1st formal night). We always want a table for 2 and never waited more than 25 minutes. We don't mind this as we just hang out at a lounge and have a drink. If you don't mind sitting with others, you may get seated quicker.

ok that's good to know...we have the late seating and there are 8 of us in our group so hopefully it will all run smoothly. Does anybody know what nights are the formal night on the Caribbean that leave next weds?

Archived