club o2

robinsra

Hello,

Just got off 6/25/09 Triumph cruise and my daughter spent all her time in the teen program. No, there is no signing in/out and no, they don't give free soda per se but do provide free soda at some of the parties. She had the time of her life!

The two teens i was with got free mesh beach bags on our recent Pride cruise. Neither one wanted them, but I found one quite handy to take to the beach at HMC. I'd never seen any mention of these bags before and wondered if it was something new. They also did tee shirts which neither one would wear on ship but both have worn them since we've been home. One who just turned 17 liked O2 club, one who'll 18 soon didn't care for it. The girls went themselves to sign up 1st night and said they didn't see any parents - kids were signing themselves up.

Your teen can sign themselves up for the program during the meeting the first night. (Or at any time thereafter)

You can't always get free soda, but most of the evenings my daughter was in the club they were having some sort of party and soda was provided free.

I have two questions, As a parent do I sign my 15 year old son into the club? Second question does he get free soda while he is there? Thanks

My 2 teens said no parents came to the sign up 1st night, just teens. I made sure the 2 I was traveling with knew where to find me and I also set a curfew time. Many O2 activities didn't even start until later in the evening. Only problem for me was, the older of my teens said the kids didn't want to stay in O2, they wanted to roam around the ship as a group doing silly things. Younger of my 2 liked walking around with her new friends. Both agreed you should let your teen sign up without you unless they really want you to be there for sign up. Free sodas during some activities.

The two teens i was with got free mesh beach bags on our recent Pride cruise. Neither one wanted them, but I found one quite handy to take to the beach at HMC. I'd never seen any mention of these bags before and wondered if it was something new. They also did tee shirts which neither one would wear on ship but both have worn them since we've been home. One who just turned 17 liked O2 club, one who'll 18 soon didn't care for it. The girls went themselves to sign up 1st night and said they didn't see any parents - kids were signing themselves up.

Our teens got mesh bags also last week on the Imagination and T-shirts. There was a form that parents had to sign. Our teens loved meeting new people so Club O2 was a hit!

My oldest son (just turned 18, so he's done) is a veteran of 7 cruises with Club O2. He never had to have one of us register him. Sometimes he had a Club O2 sticker for his Sail and Sign card, other times he didn't. Sodas generally were on his own (he had a soda card), except at an occasional party.

How strict is the age limits on Club02.

I have two 14 yr olds(will be 15 in October). They are both going to be freshman in HS, and both are very "mature" for their age. Both run with older kids at home frequently. I do NOT think they will be willing to stay with the 12-14 yr old group, unless there are several other kids in the exact same boat. Will they be allowed to "move" up with the older kids? Do they check every night the ages? My son looks much older than his age and I am sure would not be stopped unless they stop everybody!

Our girls got the mesh bags on the Paradise and the Elation, but not on the Splendor in June. Love those bags, they take up no room in the suitcase.

The only forms we signed for Club 02 was for the excursion.

I go to the club to get the schedule, there are always a few parents there doing the same thing.

Archived