Childrens Menu on Liberty

We just got back Saturday from the Liberty. I wish I could tell you exactly what was on the children's menu (I know it was the basics such as chicken fingers, hamburger, etc) but I do know that it stayed the same every night. It was just told to us in passing on the first evening and it's not even printed on the menu. My 8 year-old daughter refused to eat from the kid's menu, however, and prided herself on ordering something different from the "grown-up" menu every evening...to the pleasure of our waiter!

You'll love the Liberty! I don't have any complaints and I'd be on it again in a heartbeat. Bon Voyage!

Chilled fruit cup, Chicken fingers, cheeseburger, ravioli, pasta with meat sauce, kids steak, brownie sundae for dessert. These stayed the same all week. The kids could order any combination of items from the regular menu or/and the kids menu. Our waiter did have a kids menu for the kids each night. It was similar to the paper place mats you can color on. I just returned from the Liberty of the Seas on 6/27. Make sure the kids try the cold soups from the regular menu my kids (6 & 8 ) loved them.

Hmmm I dont remember any children's menu just that they can order almost anything. For instance, I swear both my DD2, DD5 had mac and cheese (which was actually really good) or chicken fingers and french fries all week long.

We also got them to bring steam broccoli every night as well...

Oh how I miss this ship!:o I took my first cruise 3-21-2009 and our table mates were from Norway. The girl (11) ordered from the main menu and I will tell you that there were things she didn't like.:eek: The waited gladly brought her something else on more than 1 occasion! :D DeWayne and Giberto were fantastic! Happy sailing.:)

On the Mariner we asked on the first night if they had applesauce (it wasn't on the menu but my grandson loves it), and they brought him a bowl of applesauce. Then every night when we got to our table, there would be a huge bowl of applesauce waiting for him.

I really dislike the children's menus in most places, most of the items are either filled with sugar or loaded with fat. Mac and cheese, hot dog, hamburger, chicken fingers, French fries, ice cream sundae, brownie, etc. How can we teach our children good eating habits if these are the offerings in most places? The worst offense I see on the ships is the donuts on the bread plate in the morning...first thing the children grab for. "After all they are on vacation"...yes, but they are also learning how to live for the rest of their lives. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

To the parent who has the child that insisted on eating from the adult menu, I commend you.

I really dislike the children's menus in most places, most of the items are either filled with sugar or loaded with fat. Mac and cheese, hot dog, hamburger, chicken fingers, French fries, ice cream sundae, brownie, etc. How can we teach our children good eating habits if these are the offerings in most places? The worst offense I see on the ships is the donuts on the bread plate in the morning...first thing the children grab for. "After all they are on vacation"...yes, but they are also learning how to live for the rest of their lives. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

To the parent who has the child that insisted on eating from the adult menu, I commend you.

Well, easy to judge. My daughter eats escargots off of the adult menu (likes them since she was 2), but in the morning pretty much the only thing that interests her are the donuts. It's not something they get at home. So, maybe unhealthy once in awhile...but we're just happy that she eats something. So yeah they are on vacation.

Archived