Pre-cruise Lake Tahoe Ideas?

LFM

Several years ago, we spent a skiing vacation at Lake Tahoe in a cottage by the water that had a different theme for each cottage - now I can't remember the name of the place. Does anyone have a guess?

I think I know the place you are referring to. It is called The Cottage Inn. All different themed accommodations. Very pretty and a short walk to the lake. We stayed there when we did a 2-week trip through California. A word of caution - If you stay in the Home Suite Home cottage, there is a gas fireplace which also serves as your heat. It is connected to a thermostat on the wall. We visited in the summer, so we certainly did not need heat, but we could not get the fireplace to turn off. There wasn't anyone on duty in the office after 9pm, so we suffered through an unbearably hot night in that room. The next day, we told the staff and someone came to the room and found that right below the fireplace is a very small black on/off switch. Seems that someone turned it to the "On" position, so it would override the thermostat and keep the fireplace on. That was our only complaint. The management was nice about it and gave us a small discount on the room and also brought us a bottle of wine and a snack platter. Even though we had this problem, we would definitely stay at the Cottage Inn if we were in the Tahoe vicinity in the future.

That's the ONE!!! Thanks ever so much. I was able to book the same cottage as before - "The Romantic Hideaway" and this will be for our 37th year as D&W plus our pre-cruise. You have made our trip perfect.:D

LFM -

Glad I could help! We loved The Cottage Inn. From what we were told, it had been a motor court motel years ago and it fell into disrepair. The present owners purchased and completely renovated it. It was such an enchanting place all snuggled within the trees. BTW, the homemade granola at breakfast was great! Hope you enjoy your trip!

Archived