How many bags can fit in chevy impala

travelnsee

I will be renting full size car i.e. checvy impala from Avis. how many

bags it can fit and around what size. we are four people in car.

According to their site, it will take 2 large pieces and 2 small pieces. I think you could have a problem with 4 people. We were touring for 12 days after our cruise, so we had a similar problem. We were not under luggage restriction, so I made everyone bring two smaller pieces than their largest one and we still needed a SUV with all the hand luggage in the passenger space. You will never get four pieces of even medium size luggage in the trunk. You may want to go to the Chevy dealer and look at the trunk space.

We've also got a Chevy Impala rented in Vancouver following our cruise for 4 of us. We figure the kids will have some luggage between them in the back but we couldn't get a minivan for a reasonable price that we could do a one way from Vancouver to Victoria with.

We have a minivan for our pre-cruise adventure in Alaska though.

If all your people use hardsided luggage, you will have a big problem. If they are will to use soft sided luggage and not too much carry on stuff, you might be able to squash everything into the trunk.

I agree about going to a car dealer and checking out a similar model car. Brilliant idea!

Would it be too much to take along a couple suitcases for your trial?

if all your people use hardsided luggage, you will have a big problem. If they are will to use soft sided luggage and not too much carry on stuff, you might be able to squash everything into the trunk.

I agree about going to a car dealer and checking out a similar model car. Brilliant idea!

Would it be too much to take along a couple suitcases for your trial?

great idea!!:d

I am thinking of upgrading to SUV that is chevy blazer,not sure if that would help.

That is what we had and we got it in, but we also had stuff in the passenger part. You didn't post if this was pre- or post-cruise, but is there any way you can ship some luggage home if this is after your cruise, or store luggage that you need on cruise, but not in the interior if it is pre-cruise. And are you four adults or two adults and two children?

We will be doing pre cruise stay in Vancouver and then post cruise tourWe are 2 Adults and 2 kids 9 and 12. For post cruise road trip I could ship some back home.

Post Office flat rate boxes are wonderful for sending stuff home from Alaska. Post Offices are easy to find in small Alaskan towns. They come with the sealing tape already to go. No fuss for you!

I'm a previous Impala owner (2004 model). We had 5 people travel to airport for a week in FL. You have to think of it as a jigsaw puzzle.

1) Put two largest cases flat down towards the back.

2) Put med/large size on end to the right or left of the two largest cases.

3) Put two carry-ons on top of two large cases.

4) Should be room to stand two smaller pieces or one med size and carry-on on end in front of the large cases.

I believe we had 7 pieces of luggage total all in the trunk. My large cases are the 25" size. My MIL's med/large size was just slightly under mine. I came home with our duffle bag w/stuff and so the carry-on had to ride shotgun. I now own a SUV (and rented plenty of Chevy Trailblazers) and other than the height advantage of the cargo space you're no better off versus the Impala. We pack much lighter now, but I understand Alaska is a special case. I'm trying to figure out how light I can go. Shoes, coats and long underwear - oh my!

I learned that rolling duffels are nice because you can stuff them in but they are easy to go over weight if flying. They fit better under beds in hotels or cruise stateroom rather than regular luggage. We carry a fish scale to watch our weight limits for air travel.

I love Chevy's because they are so roomy. I try to get one any chance I get while renting.

I agree with the last poster - I currently own an '06 (an SS - cool car, for a family sedan!). The trunk is bigger than you'd think. As Pusniski says, think like a jigsaw puzzle. You should be able to flip the back seats down to gain access to the deep end of the trunk to help arrange things (since it's a long reach from outside).

Archived