transport from Ensenada to LAX

kiwiscanfly

Can someone please tell me what are the most direct transfer/transport options from Ensenada, Mexico to Los Angeles at the end of our cruise?

We don't really want to have to haul luggage on and off 2 or 3 different modes of transport - we are hoping that there are coaches or even shuttles that do this run.

Can someone please tell me what are the most direct transfer/transport options from Ensenada, Mexico to Los Angeles at the end of our cruise?

We don't really want to have to haul luggage on and off 2 or 3 different modes of transport - we are hoping that there are coaches or even shuttles that do this run.

Do you care when you get to the Los Angels area? What area of Los Angeles are you looking to get to? LA is a big area. You looking to get to the LAX area?

There is a luxery bus from ensenada to the border. Walk across and get on waiting trolley. take trolley to Rail Station. Trolley stops right there . Take pleasant train ride along coast to LA. easy trip. 3- 4 hours

Only three transfers and you get to Union Station. And, that is the train that takes 3-4 hours from San Diego station to LA Union Station.

LA does have a bus from Union Station to LAX once you get off the train.

Let's see, that is a minim of four transfers and walking across the broader in Tijuana.

I have walked across the border and taken the trolley to San Diego train station and Amtrak train to San Juan Capistrano. Just that took five hours.

Greyhound will take you from San Ysidro to LA Greyhound terminal. San Ysidro is the USA city when cross the border from Tijuana. This would be bus from Ensenada to Tijuana border, walk across border get Greyhound get taxi in LA to LAX.

Nothing that is fast and inexpensive. Likewise, you need to handle your own language so I hope not more than one roller bag.

If you can get to the San Diego airport there is a bus from there to LAX. http://www.city2city-bus.com/California/SanDiegotoLAXAirportorHotelsbus/

The cruise ENDS in Ensenada? You don't stay on the ship back to San Pedro (or wherever in So Cal)?

Many ONE WAY Hawaii cruises must end or start in Ensenada. Ensenada does not meet the "foreign" port requirement for the PVSA for one way cruises. So you cannot go on to California on the ship without being in violation. Carnival is now running a few one way cruises. X used to do it a lot.

OP-since you are not American and MAY have extra screening at the border, I would suggest the cruise line transfer to San Diego (or to Los Angeles if it is offered).

You will get on the bus at the port, go to the border, everyone must get off the bus WITH THEIR LUGGAGE-you essentially have two sets of immigration/customs-US and Mexico even though they are handled almost simultaneously. Then get back on the bus on the US side and continue your journey.

We have hired a limo out of San Diego twice, but not a cheap solution. And it is becoming more and more difficult to hire private car service from San Diego with all the new border crossing rules.

The train ride from San Diego to Los Angeles is a really decent train ride.

Just a word about taking the train from San Diego to LA. Amtrak does not have a great ontime record. The schedule can be found at amtrak.com. You will need to take an airport FlyAway bus from Union Station to LAX and probably have to handle your luggage yourself.

That said, Union Station is a beautiful building, Art Deco and Mission Tiles throughout. Olvera Street and China Town are just across the street.

I live in the LA area and I would suggest to you to take the cruise line transportation as it is the easiest 'non-thinking' way of getting to LA.

If I were you, I would take the ship's transfer to San Diego, and then go to LAX from there. I'm assuming you're on a Carnival cruise; is that correct? Can your travel agent help you with the arrangements?

Roz

Archived