Cost for Soda Card? Cost for sodas? Cost for drinks?

Cruiser Nonna

For 2009 - do you know what the rate for the soda card is? Also the cost for the sodas in the bars?

If someone has purchased the soda card - did you feel it was a good choice and value?

Also what was the pricing on alcoholic beverages? Did they have daily specials as does Celebrity???

Thank you for the help

From memory, I think the cost of a soda card in April/ May was $5 per day and the cost of a drink using the post mix machine was $1.50 and the cost of a can was $2. excluding "service charge".

Not sure whether it was good value as if you wanted the drink cold you got loads of ice (and not much drink), and we were on quite a port intensive cruise so could get drinks quite easily in port (which we did anyway during the day).

I was on the Journey in April and purchased a soda card (sticker for your sea pass). I was on a 7 day cruise and believe I paid $35.00. A soda purchased at the Cova Cafe was over 3 dollars with tax and included tip. If you drink 2 sodas a day, you break even. Anything over that is on their dime. They do not have sodas in the Breeza/Windows restaurant, they have lemonade and juices and such in a self serve machine. You can order a soda in the Discoveries restaurant. I usually would stop by the Cova Cafe and get one, which was dangerous with their big glass jars of cookies there for the taking! :) And, it is Coca-Cola products. Enjoy your cruise!

Jenny

Cruiser Nonna:

No, there is no reusable cup.... I don't know where you would use one on the Journey, as there are no self serve soda stations.

Jenny

They don't have self-serve on Celebrity, either. With the resuable container, you simply hand it to the bartender and they fill it up. Makes it nice for poolside and walking around as opposed to just a glass.

Thanks Jenny and Amber - I meant a re-usable cup that Azamara would refill - definitely not self service. - this is the way Celebrity did and was just wondering if Azamara did this - or if they give you a glass each time.

On another line they gave a glass (size of a juice glass) and just was not worth the hassle.

Thanks again

Pop( soda) is bad for you, drink water:D

The ice tea mixed with lemonade was a nice drink

like your post...my husband recommends the tea with the lemonade too. I stick to wine or water myself:):p

I was on the Journey in April and purchased a soda card (sticker for your sea pass). I was on a 7 day cruise and believe I paid $35.00. A soda purchased at the Cova Cafe was over 3 dollars with tax and included tip. If you drink 2 sodas a day, you break even. Anything over that is on their dime. They do not have sodas in the Breeza/Windows restaurant, they have lemonade and juices and such in a self serve machine. You can order a soda in the Discoveries restaurant. I usually would stop by the Cova Cafe and get one, which was dangerous with their big glass jars of cookies there for the taking! :) And, it is Coca-Cola products. Enjoy your cruise!

Jenny

Thanks for your info. Trying to plan a cruise on Journey 2010. Debating the cost of everything. seems about what celebrity is. Again, thanks.

Thank you all for your help and responses

Jenny - I know that they put a sticker on our card but on Celebrity they gave us a container (cup) re-usable for the soda - do you know if they also do on Azamara.

Thank you again

I really like the reusable cup too...maybe bring your own. I understand there are machines on Journey to refill your own. But, I am just getting into Azamara usually use Celebrity.

"Soda cards" really don't belong on a "deluxe" line. I'm hoping Azamara decides to make soft drinks/bottled water "inclusive" with the overall fare as new management takes over and the line moves away from Celebrity's mass market ways.

"Soda cards" really don't belong on a "deluxe" line. I'm hoping Azamara decides to make soft drinks/bottled water "inclusive" with the overall fare as new management takes over and the line moves away from Celebrity's mass market ways.

yeah, I was thinking that it would be inclusive...it would set it more apart from Celebrity and like lines. Everyone knows that they make all their money from the alcohol anyway...:eek:

Archived