PAII Parka sizing

tgh

This may rate a vote for trivial post of the month .. but..

Dw must have been on steroids in her youth .. the youth has gone but the broad shoulders and er... um ... er.... oh what the hell ... "big chest" :o remain.

So .. How was/is the sizing and how was/is the fit ?

Did you order the size correctly , and what would you do differently next time ?

Did you order one or two sizes up to allow for the warm stuff underneath?

Answers to these deeply serious questions will greatly assist us in ordering from way down here in paradise ( sunny Queensland .. :p)

This may rate a vote for trivial post of the month .. but..

Dw must have been on steroids in her youth .. the youth has gone but the broad shoulders and er... um ... er.... oh what the hell ... "big chest" :o remain.

So .. How was/is the sizing and how was/is the fit ?

Did you order the size correctly , and what would you do differently next time ?

Did you order one or two sizes up to allow for the warm stuff underneath?

Answers to these deeply serious questions will greatly assist us in ordering from way down here in paradise ( sunny Queensland .. :p)

You need to order large (size up) because you will need to wear long underwear, a shirt or sweatshirt and fleece sweat shirt underneath. Plus, there needs to be room to move. SilverSeas has a sizing chart online.

Hi there,

Sorry but would have to disagree with Jade's advice as it says on their website that the size refers to your body size and not size of parka as extra room given to make room for other clothes.

http://www.shiptoshoretraveler.com/za/STST

It's down at the bottom in the small print under the size chart in the 'for booked guests' bit. However a couple of inches bigger won't make a lot of difference and will allow the parka to trap warm air.

Regards Maddie

Hi there,

Sorry but would have to disagree with Jade's advice as it says on their website that the size refers to your body size and not size of parka as extra room given to make room for other clothes.

http://www.shiptoshoretraveler.com/za/STST

It's down at the bottom in the small print under the size chart in the 'for booked guests' bit. However a couple of inches bigger won't make a lot of difference and will allow the parka to trap warm air.

Regards Maddie

I have no idea what you are disagreeing with. We were just in Antarctica and size was good. All I said was to remember to allow room for undergarments and to move. Most people know if they are small, medium, large, extra large, etc. However the web site has a sizing chart.

I would order the unisex size that matches your regular size in their size chart. I wear a women's size 10, which corresponds to a unisex small. The jacket fit perfectly.

And they are very warm - you do not need a ton of layers underneath - just a base long underwear layer and possibly a second layer - sometimes I just wore one base layer, other days I added a lightweight smartwool pullover sweater. You'll most likely swelter if you add anything more, but you can experiment as you go to see what works for you.

Thanks very much everyone.. you all didn't die laughing ....

Can I assume that you all found the quoted sizing fairly accurate ?

Can I also assume that most of you just ordered one size up to allow for say a polarfleece jacket underneath ??

We are doing some hiking post cruise and hope the parka will suit this also.

Archived