Fuel surcharge refund

The refund rules depend on the territory. Where are you cruising?

In the UK , In December/January, the RCCL Uk website posted a number of notices, first saying that a refund would be made and then saying that it will only be made as onboard credit. This would be so whether the final payment had been made or not.

Very worryingly, that statement has disappeared off the website and we now have no statement confirming this.

My friends and I booked cabins at the same time (Aug 2008 - for travel Aug 2009) with the same travel agent. In May the TA advised my friends that they had the option of a reduction in the price when they paid the final amount. They took that option. I was not advised of that option (and was not expecting it because of what I had seen on the website). So they have had their refund and I am hoping for my onboard credit.

Being a suspicious b******d I am half expecting trouble when I join the queue for my OBC. But I think others have stated that they did receive their OBC.

Recent experiences of OBC received for Southamption departures would be welcome

I have an email from RCI UK that clearly states that as we booked in May 2008 the fuel surcharge will be refunded as OBC, so I'm taking this with me when I board FOS in Sept.

Ahoy Mateys.........

Take heed, and do take your documentation with you onboard. In a not so recent incident, I too was told that I would receive an on board credit. Each day on the ship, I was told by various members of guess services that they have not posted them yet. I did get different answers each time. After the third day, I asked to speak to the guest services manager, which checked and told me he had no record of any on board credit. The manager try to decipher and explain to me the best he understood why I was not getting the credit. I persued in a professional manner, and he finally agreed that he could not give me the credit without talking to the Miami office. As usual there was several interpertations of the the OBC being credited on your next cruise. In the end, I did receive the credit.

To avoid all the trips that I had to make to the desk, save yourself the headache, and bring your documentation with you.

You can also check with Crown & Anchor before you curise to see if the credit has shown up, and if it has, request an invoice emailed to you, and bring that.

This is not always the case though.

Thanks Pete for sharing.... and good luck...

Several of your mateys who are sailing with you on the Freedom have had similar experience, and will be glad to vouch for you. If all else fails, the plank on the ship is available for anyone that doesn't comply!..... arrrgh...

Dorothy

Thanks for the advice Dorothy.

Unfortunately my instincts tell me that if somethimg can go wrong it will - not a recipe for a happy life!

Doubly unfortunately, I do nothave anything from RCCL re OBCs - the statement from their website was removed. So if anyone knows how to extract past RCCL statements re fuel refunds as OBC, I would be garteful

This is what I found about refunds on the RCCL.com website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do;jsessionid=0000rBi_INdCzmPW3fjghfYVlpP:13hldil87?pagename=fuel_supplement

worryingly, youcannot find this on the RCCL.co.UK website. Also, I am certain that the advice was changed to the effect that the refund would only be made as OBC

Thanks for the advice Dorothy.

Unfortunately my instincts tell me that if somethimg can go wrong it will - not a recipe for a happy life!

Doubly unfortunately, I do nothave anything from RCCL re OBCs - the statement from their website was removed. So if anyone knows how to extract past RCCL statements re fuel refunds as OBC, I would be garteful

Get a new invoice from RCCL and if the code 'QFUL' is on the invoice (not sure where) then this means that your fuel will be refunded as OBC

Get a new invoice from RCCL and if the code 'QFUL' is on the invoice (not sure where) then this means that your fuel will be refunded as OBC

Thanks for the info. I've checked my final invoice and it has a line 'FUEL -FUEL SUPPL' with and amount per person which was the initial quoted fuel supplement when we booked in May 2008.

Immediately underneath is a line 'QFUL -OBC QTR FUEL' but has no amount per person. I presume this indicates that it will be credited as OBC.

Thanks again, as I'll be taking this with me as well as the email, looks like it should be covered.

The refund rules depend on the territory. Where are you cruising?

In the UK , In December/January, the RCCL Uk website posted a number of notices, first saying that a refund would be made and then saying that it will only be made as onboard credit. This would be so whether the final payment had been made or not.

Very worryingly, that statement has disappeared off the website and we now have no statement confirming this.

My friends and I booked cabins at the same time (Aug 2008 - for travel Aug 2009) with the same travel agent. In May the TA advised my friends that they had the option of a reduction in the price when they paid the final amount. They took that option. I was not advised of that option (and was not expecting it because of what I had seen on the website). So they have had their refund and I am hoping for my onboard credit.

Being a suspicious b******d I am half expecting trouble when I join the queue for my OBC. But I think others have stated that they did receive their OBC.

Recent experiences of OBC received for Southamption departures would be welcome

Just returned from IOS out of Southampton and you don't need to worry, I paid the fuel supplement with my final payement in march and my onboard account was credited with the full refund on day 2 of my cruise. No need to queue.

Relax and enjoy.

Has anyone actually received a refund? I received an email from my TA to ask if I'd received it and I haven't. I'd actually forgotten about it

Just off Freedom. Received $79 for each person- on board credit.

Was on Legend 1st to 13th June. Booked last October

We upgraded cabin a couple of months before and TA said there was a refund of UK£60 which we had discounted off the upgrade.

We were not expecting any OBC but when had our bill at the end we'd had US$95 each refund for fuel as well.

Plus US$100 in OBC for spending which we did not know we were going to get, there was no mention of that by the TA or RCI when we booked.

Berwyn

Just to let you know I have received the following from RCI

'QFUL is the code we use to show that any fuel surcharge you have paid will be refunded to you in the form of on board credit on board the ship in US$.'

Archived