South beach experience - ft lauderdale airport

mebfalcon

We are considering doing the SOUTH BEACH EXPERIENCE - FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT excursion on the day we come back from our cruise because our plane doesn't leave until 4:20. Has anyone done this? It's not top of our list but we figured it would be better than sitting in the airport. It is me, dh, ds15 and dd12. Any better ideas? Thanks.

It's a pretty good deal since the cruise line will keep your luggage or you can use the express service if available with your airline.

You probably will be dropped off at the airport by 1:30-2 since I believe the tour is for those flights after 3:00 p.m.

The only issue I'm not crazy about is that you will have to be to a certain location the morning you debark, probably around 8. No time to have a leisurely breakfast, etc., but on the last day, nothing is leisurely, right?

Question for you - did you stay at a hotel at the beginning of your cruise? I sailed on the Destiny in the fall with two girlfriends. We arrived a day early and stayed at a hotel in South Beach. When we returned, our flight was late in the day so we called the hotel from the ship, told them we had stayed there the week before, and asked them if we could stow our luggage there for the day while we went to the beach. They were more than happy to do that for us, and even offered us breakfast when we arrived and gave us beach chairs and towels to use! We gave the guy at the front desk a nice tip to thank him, and we had a wonderful day on South Beach just for the price of taxi fares to and from the ship/airport. Perfect!

Our flight didn't leave until 3:30pm so we rented a limo and did what we wanted, south beach and bayside. We had a great time and our luggage was in the limo trunk so we did not have to worry about it. I do not know what the excursion cost but the limo was 60.00 an hour for up to 10 people.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion a couple of years ago and we all enjoyed it. Walking around South Beach was cool and also went to the beach for a bit. It adds one last vacation day to the trip and simplifies the day. Enjoy.

Archived