Renewal of Vows Choices?

Lynzchat

I've read some great reviews on the renewal of vows ceremony and seen some nice pictures.

Would you do the deluxe for $485 or the standard $205? Is the visit w/ the Captain on bridge and the special snacks and robe worth the extra $280?

Thanks for your advice!:D

We just did the deluxe renewal on June 12. For us, the visit to the bridge for my husband was well worth the extra money because he loved it. If you figure in the costs of the extra things you get (robes, massage, canapes) it comes out to be more than the difference in the packages.

We splurged because for us it was a once in a lifetime experience. Some people will tell you to spend your money elsewhere. You just have to decide what is worth it to you. I have pictures in my blog linked below of the renewal and some of the extras we received.

We just did the deluxe renewal on June 12. For us, the visit to the bridge for my husband was well worth the extra money because he loved it. If you figure in the costs of the extra things you get (robes, massage, canapes) it comes out to be more than the difference in the packages.

We splurged because for us it was a once in a lifetime experience. Some people will tell you to spend your money elsewhere. You just have to decide what is worth it to you. I have pictures in my blog linked below of the renewal and some of the extras we received.

Wow, thanks for sharing! I love the pics of the meal on your balcony, was that from room service or did you order a special dinner? Was that lobster and steak?

I think my husband would enjoy the bridge view and tour if they do that, because he is a real big fan of ships.

Are you in Virgina?:D

We did the less expensive renewal of vows and thought it was wonderful. Only you can decide if all of the extra's in the more expensive package is worth it. We did not think it was......but you may!

I was gonna surprise the DH but I better sit down with him and see what he thinks. Was the champagne in your room or did you have to order it?:confused:

Wow, thanks for sharing! I love the pics of the meal on your balcony, was that from room service or did you order a special dinner? Was that lobster and steak?

That was the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. $50/pp and totally worth it. You get tons of food and your own personal wait staff for the meal. You can get just lobster, just steak or surf and turf for your main entree, plus canapes, cocktails, appetizer, salad, entree and champagne.

We were lucky in that we had plenty of vacation funds saved to do quite a bit, but if we had to go back and choose on a more limited budget, we'd do the cheaper vow renewal and the UBD (although my husband would not have been happy to give up his bridge tour) The renewal itself and the UBD were 2 main highlights of our trip.

We're in Indiana, not VA

That was the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. $50/pp and totally worth it. You get tons of food and your own personal wait staff for the meal. You can get just lobster, just steak or surf and turf for your main entree, plus canapes, cocktails, appetizer, salad, entree and champagne.

We were lucky in that we had plenty of vacation funds saved to do quite a bit, but if we had to go back and choose on a more limited budget, we'd do the cheaper vow renewal and the UBD (although my husband would not have been happy to give up his bridge tour) The renewal itself and the UBD were 2 main highlights of our trip.

We're in Indiana, not VA

That balcony dinner is just amazing. Was the wait staff standing there while you ate all your courses, just curious if it was uncomfortable?

Also, where did you book that? I noticed that I can fax the Celebrations form for the Vows Renewal but didn't see anything about the special dinners.

Thanks for all your help, it's so exciting to see all the fun you had!

If you read my review on our blog, it wasn't awkward at all. They serve a course, then literally "disappear" into the hallway. We didn't even realize they were watching until we'd put down a fork after a course, then they would knock on the balcony door, open it and remove our plate. They were very nice, and very accommodating.

You have to book it once on board. We called the DINE line from our cabin phone as soon as we boarded, we're told to call Room Service instead and booked it over the phone. They room service manager came to meet with us personally a few days before to go over the menu options, take our orders, go over how things would work (timing for set up etc) They call 30 minutes before arriving, show up to set things up 15 minutes before, and then you go from there.

Ask all you need to. It was our first cruise and I had lots of help from people on this board!

We just did the ROW on the Diamond on 6/17. We did the less expensive and it was worth it. They contacted us to arrange a time and they did it in the wedding chapel, it was private,just our family and performed by the captain. We rec'd flowers, a ROC certificate,vouchers for the photo and frame and when we returned to our room, the champagne was on ice along with the souvenir glasses.

I actually kept it a secret from my husband until one day he went the purser's desk to deal with something else and they asked if he was renewing his vows. Well he said no, I don;t think so and so I had to confess. Luckily is was only 1 day prior otherwise he would have drove me crazy asking all kinds of questions, getting all nervous. It was a wonderful experience. It jsut so happens we did it on our EXACT 20th wedding anniversary and so glad we didn't let it slip by without celebrating it :D.

:)We did the less expensive vow renewal on our recent Coral Princess cruise, and it was lovely! We had it in the wedding chapel, and just our family was present. We also wrote our own vows, and that made it personalized. Either package would be wonderful.

Mary

We did the less expensive version of the renewal of vows on board the CB this year and it was wonderful. Held in the chapel, we had a few of our cc friends with us, one of them even played the piano for the service. I received a beautiful bouquet of white flowers, and dh a boutineer. Champagne was served after the ceremony for us and our guests. The photographer took dozens of pictures of us, and we were given a voucher to pick one of our choice as a gift. Also had a bottle of champagne in our cabin, with souvenir champagne glasses, and a certificate. All in all a memorable experience, that was truly special and romantic.

We just did the ROW on the Diamond on 6/17. We did the less expensive and it was worth it. They contacted us to arrange a time and they did it in the wedding chapel, it was private,just our family and performed by the captain. We rec'd flowers, a ROC certificate,vouchers for the photo and frame and when we returned to our room, the champagne was on ice along with the souvenir glasses.

I actually kept it a secret from my husband until one day he went the purser's desk to deal with something else and they asked if he was renewing his vows. Well he said no, I don;t think so and so I had to confess. Luckily is was only 1 day prior otherwise he would have drove me crazy asking all kinds of questions, getting all nervous. It was a wonderful experience. It jsut so happens we did it on our EXACT 20th wedding anniversary and so glad we didn't let it slip by without celebrating it :D.

Thanks for sharing this, I am definitely going to book this! I think just being on a lovely ship like this will make the renewal experience memorable!

:)We did the less expensive vow renewal on our recent Coral Princess cruise, and it was lovely! We had it in the wedding chapel, and just our family was present. We also wrote our own vows, and that made it personalized. Either package would be wonderful.

Mary

Did you have to ask the captain ahead of time when you read your own vows? Sounds wonderful!

:)There is a coordinator that contacts you regarding the vow renewal, and we confirmed with her that we could use our own vows. We had it printed prior to boarding, and gave her the copy. We were given a complete copy of the ceremony wording in addition to the certificate(these arrived at our room the day after the ceremony).

We got some ideas on wording the vows from the internet, and then modified that to suit us.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Mary

• 3 weeks later...

could they have changed their policy because princess now says renewals are done in groups????

Mary

Archived