Earliest departure Celebrity Equinox Rome

Hi:

We are cruising on the Equinox from Rome next summer. We are looking at a 10:00AM flight from FCO (Rome Airport). This is our first Celebrity cruise and will like to know the earliest time that we can leave the ship. We are traveling with children and carrying our own luggage is not an option. We know that we can arrange for a private driver to drive us to the airport, and we will if we can leave between 6:00 and 6:30AM. We don't usually use the cruiseline transportation but if they have luggage valet we will consider it.

Hope you can help us.

Lydia

I have a 10:20AM flight to FCO on the Equinox. I know someone who also has a 10:00AM flight. There are a few threads about this if you look. Several recent passengers from the Solstice have said they were off the ship by about 6:00AM and at their gate about 90 minutes later. They took a private driver. I am too.

As for ships transfers, if you have over two people traveling, it will be substantially cheaper to book a driver . Cruise line transfers are expensive to FCO.

However, I am sure you will be worried about making the flight since it is early. Maybe you need to look for a flight closer to 11:30AM or later.

Thank you Fblack:

We cruised from Southampton this summer and left the ship at 7:00AM. Some groups left at 6:00AM and 6:30, but I think most of them were using RCCL transfers. As I said we can't carry our own luggage, if Celebrity will let me leave and pick my luggage at 6:00 or 6:30 I know that we will have enough time. As you said, a flight after 11:30 will be better, but I can't find any flights for us later in the afternoon, our other option will be staying an extra night in Rome. We will arrive in Rome three days before the cruise and will like to go home the last day of our cruise.

This is going to be our fifth european cruise (4 Med + 1 Baltic), but our first from Rome and with Celebrity. We have never tried a flight this early and I'm worrying about it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Lydia

Here is the link to the discussion about early flights including dragging your own luggage. Several people say the ship had their bags off the ship and waiting for early departures. If I had a choice too, I would have taken a later flight than my 10:20AM flight. I suspect about two days before we dock my wife will get nervous. I have our driver picking us up at about 6:50AM. FYI, private drivers cost about 120 to 130 Euros for 2 people plus tip.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=994507

Thank you again Fblack:

Thanks for the link. I think that we can make the 10:00AM flight to New York. I want to buy our tickets really early because we want to try to get an upgrade using our miles. We are morning people and our kids are good sports. I know that we can leave by 6:00 and make it to the airport before 8:00AM. We always stay a couple of days after the cruise and this year we left the same day the cruise ended, and it was great. It was a really long day, but was better than going to another hotel and unpack again. Where are you staying in Rome? Right now I'm thinking that the "Albergo del Senato" is a good option.

Thanks again for your help.

Lydia

Actually we have spent quite a bit of time in Rome and Italy. So we are coming in a day early and going right to a hotel in Civitavecchia. It's about 10 minutes to the ship. The flight from California really tires us out so we just crash for a day before the cruise.

Thank you Fblack:

Hope you have a great time at the Equinox, if you write a review, let me know. Will like to know how was your cruise.

Have a great 4th of July weekend.

Lydia

Archived