Should I take this price or wait?

Gingee

My TA said she could get this

balcony cabin in Category BD at $1129 per person plus taxes and the third person goes for $199 plus tax. This is for Norweigen Dawn out of NYC for May 23rd. It is a little cheaper than Norweigen's price but not sure if I should wait for a better deal.

balcony cabin in Category BD at $1129 per person plus taxes and the third person goes for $199 plus tax. This is for Norweigen Dawn out of NYC for May 23rd. It is a little cheaper than Norweigen's price but not sure if I should wait for a better deal.

I booked my trip to Greece over a year ago and everytime the price comes down, they lower my rate for me. Not much to lose in my opinion.

This year we booked the Dawn in March for a May 24th cruise at $949 per person BA balcony. If we had booked a couple of weeks prior, it would have been $899. You never know if prices will go up or down. A lot has to do with the economy and how many rooms they have available. Who knows what will happen in 2010. I love the Dawn and we got a very good price. You may be able to get a better deal, but if you are not willing to take the chance, I would book it!

I would probably do a little checking around to do some price comparisons. You can plug in the ages of passengers, pick your category, and on some websites pick your travel date, ship date, cabin category, etc. and then different travel agencies will send you quotes. It is against this forum's rules to specifically tell you the names of these sites, or I would. Just make sure when someone gives you a quote it includes all taxes, fees and port charges. Good luck.

The Dawn is NCL.? Huh? Should you wait, totally up to you.:rolleyes:

Go for it. But just ask your TA if the price drops will she match any price drops prior to final payment. Also, if you decide to cancel before final payment if the TA has any fee attached for cancellation. Lastly, if you have no other discounts, like military, union or latitudes, then ask for the free pepsi discount. That allows 2 people in a cabin to get free soda for the week, if you have NO other discounts applied.

Not sure what discounts actually apply - we have latitudes, senior and I think that is it.

Never heard of the pepsi discount.

I don't think we would have any problem cancelling with them. We have used them several times.

I hate to say it,but if passengers wouldn,t book so early prices would really come down.The closer it gets to sailing dates cruise lines adjust prices by how many cabins are left.I,m one that waits till about 2 to 3 months before cruising and look for boats that aren,t to booked yet. We,ve gotten great fares that way..When we gotten on those boats talking to other passengers found out they paid sometimes twice what we paid same category.

I hate to say it,but if passengers wouldn,t book so early prices would really come down.The closer it gets to sailing dates cruise lines adjust prices by how many cabins are left.I,m one that waits till about 2 to 3 months before cruising and look for boats that aren,t to booked yet. We,ve gotten great fares that way..When we gotten on those boats talking to other passengers found out they paid sometimes twice what we paid same category.

I'm sorry--I'm one of those people that book way in advance. Generally I book 1 year to 18 months out, but this time I've book 2.5 years out!:eek: I get almost as much fun out of all the planning and research as the vacation itself. Plus, I've found that I can get the lower prices if they drop and if they don't, then I've gotten the lowest price.

Many people HAVE to plan their vacations or book airfare more than 3 months in advance. We booked two years in advance because we saw a room we really wanted and since there's only one of them on the ship, why wait? We also snagged an Aft balcony that would not have been there had we waited too long.

I've seen more prices go up, than go down, honestly. If you are booking airfare 3 months in advance, the airfare price difference between then and what is was 12 months ago is generally more than the cruise price difference.

I wouldn't be thrilled with that price. I looked at a balcony GTY for the Spirit 5/08/09 at $599.00, and a BC a week or 2 later for $909.00 (my notes and memory aren't real clear on that date). Still kicking myself for passing on the $599.00. It was the same itinerary as the Dawn's, but out of Boston instead of NYC. We've never booked way out, and always paid in full on booking, so I can't comment on dealing with price reducutions.

I saw a little bit less expensive on the site I sometimes use, so I'd shop around. This is for a BA:

#1) $1,017.52 $153.62 $1,171.14 USD

#2) $1,017.52 $153.62 $1,171.14 USD

#3) $105.15 $139.62 $244.77 USD

Subtotal: $2,140.19 $446.86 $2,587.05 USD

It is no harm to book this, IF Your booking agent has no or low cancelation fees that you can live with??

THEN, it is imperative, you keep track of pricing tends YOURSELF. Do not leave this up to the "agent" to do this for you. When you see a drop, immediately contact them and request the adjustment.

I too never book way ahead, and certainly not a year. :) I'm lucky if it's 6 months. And frequently I do late book, up to a couple weeks ahead, snagging the bargains. BUT I also, don't have to "have" a particular ship or cabin, which some people do. I also can take it or leave it, as I travel 12 weeks/year. Those who make the "big" trip once/year, and have specific requirements, have to firm this up in advance.

Archived